Seems like I have forgotten

Death appeared at his side with the cup successfully grasped in his hands, well close to at least. It was a sight that would be disturbing to most. Death was after all, death and its body comprised of bones. The cloak it donned, fallen slightly due to an arm angling upwards, exposing a wrist of bones clutched safely around the golden handle of an ancient cup now riddled (pun intended🙂) with dark magic. 

"Master, did you by chance forget that you now have an ability like no other? That you are able to understand and use in any way, every language that exists whether it had seen the face of earth during this millennia or not?"

"Wow, really? I honestly cannot remember when you have told me this. Why did you grant me such an ability, death?"

"No worries, you were not in a very good place mentally when I had explained. I understand that you must have been very anxious though I hope you remember the more important stuff from our discussion because it will be beneficial to know the extent of what you can do. And to answer your second question, take it as a gift from me to you. I have not had a master in such a long time that it becomes a bore. I know you will use it well and not abuse such a power."

"Then I thank you sincerely death and I will mull over the conversation we had that day so as to refresh my memory."

"If I may interrupt, my lord, I think you are working in a time frame and need to hurry."

"Sorry, I got a bit carried away. I now understand that it is indeed I who can understand the language of dragons."

"I sense that you are someone important and of a higher status. I am humbly asking for you to consider setting me free"

"I did not plan on doing that now as this is probably the safest place for you until I can ensure you have somewhere to go. I also did not think of a way to get you out of here without raising suspicion as yet"

"I understand but after they figure out that the vault was tampered with, I will be punished for not stopping the intruders. I just could not attack you especially since I sense you are in a higher position to me. A creature of a higher status"

He had a point. I did not think of the goblins punishing him when the break in is discovered but this was not part of my plan. Something stirred inside of me that was telling me to protect this dragon and not let any creature be treated this way. 

A/N

Enjoy