A familiar face

"Death, can you open a portal to Romania? Somewhere close to where Charlie Weasley works so that we can observe him a little. Thanks"

It didn't take long for Selena to perch on my shoulders and we were off through the portal. The walk was calm, a bit long but not taxing. I came to a stop by the new lookout set up and stared through the veil separating the living and dead. Charlie didn't look much different from what I remember, just slightly younger. 

I observed him for the better part of an hour before deeming it safe to take this massive risk. If things go wrong I could just obliviate him but if he is the same old Charlie, then everything should be alright. After mentally preparing myself for what I was about to do, I stepped through the portal and out from behind the veil. It was him alone in a building that housed baby dragons. He was feeding them, and the surroundings were undisturbed, proving that no one should bother us. He was too engrossed to notice us, and I was debating if to just call him or not startle him. In the end, I sent a note with the wave of my hand to flutter onto the desk in his line of vision and hid (which was very easy considering my size). 

He glanced around and then picked up the note. I watched as his face go from surprised to confused to shock to realization and finally unimpressed in the short span of time it took for him to read my note. 

"Very funny Andrei. You can show yourself. This, this is all you can think of for a revenge prank? I bet a toddler can see through this lie. Come back when you have a better prank or accept defeat!" 

This was not supposed to go like this, so I tried something else.

"I can promise you it is not a prank. Please do not flip out when you see me."

"Yeah, yeah sure it isn't. Who even is this baby Harry Potter? You finally got a wife and kid?"

No. This is not going to plan. I didn't want to do this but if it will make him believe then so be it. 

"I, Harry James Potter swear on my magic that I am not lying. I haven't lied in my letter, and I will not lie with anything else that I will tell you this evening."

I stepped out as magic confirmed and strengthened the vow. I can see him realize how drastic the situation was and try his best to wrap his thoughts around it. 

After he came out of the initial shock, I began from as early as I could. Death had some strong wards up so our conversation would be safe. 

"I will not tell you everything as I am not comfortable yet to share some of it, but I will tell you everything I could. We met before when I was in the fourth year of Hogwarts, during the Triwizard tournament..." 

A/N 

The timeline is slightly shifted so Carlie is 22 here and not 7. He is already in Romania doing the job he did while Harry attended Hogwarts. For the story, I needed Charlie older.