Reality

Its been a few days since Nev came with his parents.  At was the first time I saw his parents outside of pictures and now I know for sure that Neville took after his mom. Before in the picture I saw, I always thought that Neville looked a lot like his mom but in reality, that is an understatement.

 He is the exact replica of his mom, same chubby cheeks, same facial features. He eventually would grow out of it as I  previously saw in around year five and look more like his dad but his resemblance to his mom is something you won't believe until you see it.

Looking at the happy family leaving, I  was reminded of the sad reality as to why I am here, experiencing these moments first hand. The truth that I tried to forget for the past few weeks and to put off as much as possible, the reality that my decisions can take lives, crumble families and ruin the entire wizarding world. If in any way I am not able to act in a way that will benefit the world,  I will be responsible for the downfall of the wizarding world this time also. Knowing the future that is in store for the world, I couldn't possibly turn my back on it. I was given a chance to undo my mistakes, and I promise to make the best of it.

Unfortunately, I know that not everyone will be able to get a chance to live, since I am certain I will not be able to save everyone. The decision that I will have to make will be devastating. I wish I could just not be hampered by being this small but at the first given opportunity, I will try my best.  

"Master?"

"Master."

"MASTER!"

"Hmm?"

"Stop thinking. You are too deep in thoughts, so much so that you didn't hear me call."

"Sorry death, I was just pondering my duty here. The reason I was given a chance to start over."

"You are here now, just try your best. I will guide you. While I may not be able to solve your problems, I can give you hints that will assist you in some way."

"And I'm grateful for that. I know however that its mainly my fault for what happened, and I cant help but feel responsible."

"I've told you countless times, to stop wallowing in self pity. That cannot undo the past. You are here now, just rectify those mistakes to prevent havoc from shadowing the world. Master, please think straight and focus on the future instead of the past. The world is in your hands, quite literally, since you are the master of death after all."

'I really wonder sometimes what have I actually done to deserve the fame I was given. I never wanted it.' I thought only to realize that death can read my thoughts. If death could sigh, I bet he would be sighing right now. But that reminds me,

"Death, you once said I had the ability to read, speak and understand any language. Does that mean after I start speaking, I will still be able to understand what babies say. Will I still be able to communicate with them?"

"No, that language is an exception since babies deserve their privacy. But what I did, was give you the ability to understand them if they want you to. You will be able to reply if they ask you something, but if they don't want you to know what they are talking, you cant."

"So I will be able to retain the knowledge that babies can speak, I just will not understand them?"

"Yes"

"I guess that will come in handy."

"I have business to attend to, so I bid farewell for now master."

"By business, you mean killing people. Always you death. Farewell."

I heard the someone coming up the stairs the same time death walked through one of his portals. I was able to hear thanks to my enhanced senses.

Hurriedly, I lay down and pretended to sleep, just before the door was opened slightly and my nose picked up a familiar scent. Lily kissed my forehead and gently 'woke' me up for my bottle. 

A/N

So this chapter is a bit more deep than the previous chapters but i hope you enjoyed reading it. If you did don't forget to vote and follow me for updates. I'd really appreciate your support for these books.