Ani studied the angel before tears filled her eyes. She tried to rub them away but Darcel took notice and released the vampire allowing her to rub her eyes and cry.

"I want the pain to stop! I want to be able to hold her again and not suffer!"

"Then you have to let her in, otherwise you're both just going to keep breaking more and more and nothing's going to get solved." Darcel explained. "Trust me."

Ani looked back at the Angel and nodded softly. Aeriin came into the room and sighed, then looked at Darcel and glared when she saw Ani crying. "What the hell did you do!?"

"I talked some sense into her." Darcel smiled before looking back at Ani who was actually looking at Aeriin.

Aeriin's eyes widened at the eye contact she missed greatly before rushing over to the bed. She reached for Ani like she wanted to pull her into a hug, but was afraid she was going to be rejected. Instead Ani held out her arms and welcomed the Hunter's embrace.

"I'm so sorry Aeriin." She whimpered, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Shh. It's okay." Aeriin smiled softly as she rubbed the vampire's back. "You're going to be okay Ani."

"It's not okay Aeriin." Ani told her. "I've made it so much worse."

"We can work though this. I know we can. So relax, please."

"Aeriin, I can't. I can't feel happiness, I just want to die."

"No. You can't and you won't. We're going to get through this. I promise you." She put her hand on the back of Ani's head, and ran her fingers through her hair. "I love you Anikke. I love you more than anything else in this world. And so help me god, I'll never abandon you again. I'll never argue or mistrust you again. I know you'd never do anything to hurt anyone who didn't deserve it. I know you tried your best to protect my parents, and I'll trust you forever."

"Aeriin." Ani whimpered. "I love you too." She buried her face in the Hunter's shoulder and cried her heart out.

"I love you so, so much."

—-

Even with the girls back to talking, Ani's body refused to get better. Or maybe she herself didn't want to get better. Ani and Aeriin thought it was because some part of the vampire still wanted to die. But Darcel assured them, rejection was painful, and long lasting. She would be off her feet for a very long time.

Ani found even walking from one side of the room a daunting task. So she remained in her room. But each night she would try to stand. Try to force herself to stay balanced and take a few steps forward.

She played video games as much as she could, but couldn't play for very long before even her fingers got tired of being used.

It was frustrating for the vampire. She could do nothing but seem to waste away.

Aeriin went to school everyday again, and she brought home work for Ani who did it all very quickly, as she left her mind within the Hunter's to learn as much as she could. The Hunter's Guild realized that Ani was practically dead, so they didn't push the vampire by forcing her to attend school. Instead, Morgan would check up on the vampire, just to make sure she was actually dying.

Morgan felt bad that she was being used by the Guild, just to make sure the vampire wasn't lying to them about anything. So she often brought the vampire candies and other good foods she enjoyed.

Ani tossed and turned all night when she was first brought back home, but now Aeriin spends each night in Ani's bed, and the Vampire sleeps soundly, and still. She's still too weak to breath, so Aeriin often shakes her awake just to make sure the vampire isn't dead.