What Now?

"Unless you can...convince me." Mr. Jung says, and it disgusts Rhea instantly. She knows exactly what he's after. "Fuck you!" Taehyung yells with his deep voice. Rhea throws the middle finger at her boss and responses to his request. "I quit then. I'm turning your ass into the Board though. This isn't over you filthy piece of shit." She spits out and Mr. Jung just giggles. He likes that she's feisty.

"Go ahead and try. I've got a few of the ladies on the Board wrapped around my finger." Rhea scoffs, Taehyung begins to drag her out of the room, knowing he needs to get her out of here. "Come on." Taehyung whispers in her ear and for a split second, Rhea calms down at the soothing sound of his voice.

Taehyung pulls her quickly to the parking lot. He's taking her to the car, it's the safest place that's nearby. Once they crawl into the car, Rhea breaks down. Her body is shaking, and she can't stop the sobs that escape her lips. Taehyung just holds her tightly, his heart breaking over the sounds she's making.

"He didn't touch you, did he? I ran as fast as I could." Taehyung's voice almost breaks at the thought that he touched her in any way. Rhea just shook her head. "He was about to..." She says quietly and Taehyung sighs deeply, relieved he stopped it in time.

"I should have listened to Namjoon." Rhea says quietly, wiping the black tears that fall from her eyes, stained with mascara. Taehyung stares at her. "He constantly told me not to dress the way I do. He said it would get me unwanted attention." Taehyung shakes his head and holds her closer to his body. He strokes her hair gently.

"You should be able to wear whatever you want. That guy's just a sadistic piece of shit. Don't let him make you afraid to be yourself. You're beautiful and shouldn't have to hide from the world." Rhea locks eyes with him and presses her lips softly to his.

"I love you Tae. I don't know what to do now though, I'm jobless." Taehyung listens to her words as he stares out the car window, his world in his arms. He felt helpless, he didn't know what to say or do to help the woman he loved so much.

"Keep the money from the sale, it'll help you pay for things until you get a new job." Rhea looks at him and her eyebrows furrow, she doesn't like that. She about speaks but Taehyung interrupts her. "No." He says it so loudly and deeply that Rhea can't even begin to argue with him. "Fine." She says finally, giving in.

"Come on, I'll drive you home, we both need out of here." Taehyung tells her softly and grabs her keys from her.

Once at her apartment, Taehyung helps Rhea inside and sits her on the couch. She stares at the wall, seemingly in shock. Taehyung texts Namjoon and briefly tells him what happened and then goes to sit beside his lady. He takes her hand in his and kisses it.

"I love you Rhea. I'll help you anyway I can." She smiles faintly and leans her head against his shoulder. "As long as I have you, then I know everything will be fine." She says softly and closes her eyes. Before he realizes it, she's fallen asleep, her lips parted as she's relaxed into a deep slumber.

He kisses the top of her head and hears the front door being opened. Namjoon hurries through the door and over to them, he sees that Rhea is asleep and sighs. He kneels down beside her and looks at her gentle, sleeping face.

"Is she okay? Did he...touch her?" He has trouble getting the words out. Taehyung shakes his head. "No, I got there before he could."

Easily, Namjoon picks her up and carries Rhea to her room. He lays her down gently in the bed and covers her body with a blanket. Namjoon shuts her door and sits beside Taehyung. He lets his head fall back against the cushions.

"What's the plan? We can't let him get away with this." Tae turns towards him and looks defeated. "He was about to fire her, but she quit first, so that'll look better. We threatened to go to the Board of Education, but he said he has some of the Board members wrapped around his finger. I don't know how true that is." Namjoon sighs as he listens.

"It's taking every ounce of energy I have to not go down there right now and beat that guy half to death." Namjoon clenches his jaw as he thinks about the disgusting Dean. "You can't do that; you'll end up in jail and it'll look worse on Rhea." Namjoon nods, signaling that he knows that.

"I know, but maybe I'll find his address and burn his house down." Taehyung laughs slightly but sees that Namjoon isn't joking. "You can't do that Namjoon, he isn't worth that." He massages his eyes with his fingers and knows that Taehyung is right. "You're right, you are a lot like Rhea. You two think a lot the same." Taehyung smiles, he takes that as a compliment. Rhea is the best person in his eyes.

"Thank you." He says softly.