Life Goes On

Namjoon shook Taehyung's hand once more before leaving the coffee shop. Rhea was following behind him. "Ms. Stone." Taehyung called after her quietly. She stopped and turned around to face him. Tae walked up to her. "How can I repay you? You've helped me more than you can imagine." Rhea remains silent for a moment. She didn't need repaid. She was happy just knowing she helped him somehow. Knowing she finally reached him.

"You don't need to repay me." She answered softly and Taehyung doesn't accept that answer. He knows how much this job meant to him, she doesn't. "Please." He says so gently it disarms Rhea almost instantly. Rhea sighs, then holds her chin with her thumb and index finger, thinking. Her eyes light up as she realizes something.

"Know that you don't have to say yes. But I wouldn't mind having some help with a project I'm working on. I'm building a showcase of black and white photos to enter at a few galleries. I'd love to have someone with a different view along with me. Maybe you could submit some of your photos as well." Rhea explains her plans and Taehyung listens intently. Desperately wanting to pay her back. Although that didn't sound like repaying a debt. That just sounded fun to him.

Taehyung smiles slightly and nods his head. "I would actually be very interested in that." He informs her and Rhea's bright smiles reappears. "Great! I was going to take some photos this weekend if you're free." Taehyung shook his head quickly. He was almost always free. "Yes! Text me the details when you know them." Tae says enthusiastically. He actually seemed excited. Rhea nods and then goes to leave the coffee shop. She rode with Namjoon after all.

Taehyung watches Rhea leave, he bites his bottom lip and smiles sweetly. It seemed he was making a friend, something entirely new to Taehyung. For many years Jimin was the only one Taehyung would let near him. It had been so long since the prospect of making a new friend had been a possibility. The last time he tried to get close to someone it ended badly, and he was left forever scarred.

Taehyung leaves the coffee shop and walks towards the bus stop with his head held high. He can't even recall the last time he felt this optimistic about anything, especially his future. If things worked out for him, he wouldn't have to rely on his mother any longer. He could get his own house and pay his own bills. He could be independent and free.

The idea that his photography could land him a job was astonishing to him. Taehyung just took pictures how he wanted and when the mood struck him. He never put much thought into it and because of that he assumed he wasn't talented. But the people that would witness his work would all say different things. His work screamed loneliness and indifference. They would tell him he's amazingly talented, but his photos were sad.

He didn't know how to fix that. He just took photos as he saw them.

"What's with you?" Namjoon asks Rhea as he drives them home

"What's with you?" Namjoon asks Rhea as he drives them home. She looks over at him, confused at the questioning. "Huh?" Namjoon flipped on the windshield wipers, it was starting to rain. "You keep smiling like an idiot." Rhea felt her face heat up. She didn't realize she kept smiling. "I don't know, just happy I helped someone." Namjoon raises his eyebrow at her. He doesn't seem to buy that answer.

"It has nothing to do with the guy I just hired?" Rhea looks at him panicked. "N-No, why?" Namjoon chuckles softly. He knew his best friend well. Probably better than she knew herself. He knew the signs that she was crushing on someone. "I'm not into men, but I'm not blind. Taehyung is a handsome guy." Namjoon tells Rhea and eyes her to examine her reaction.

"O-Oh, well I guess so." Rhea says trying to hide the fact that she was painfully aware of how handsome Taehyung was. She felt her face burn hotter, she felt so embarrassed. Namjoon smirked silently and decided to let it go. He wouldn't tease her anymore.

Namjoon thought that this might be a problem. Rhea had never dated a fellow photographer before. Actually, all the men she dated before were quite opposite of her. They say opposites attract but similar personalities last longer. He knew the day would come one day when Rhea would be swept off her feet and she'd fall helplessly in love. Namjoon knew she'd eventually leave him one day. All his other friends had done that.

Once people get married, they change. They distance themselves from past friends as they transition into their futures lives. Life does that, it changes things and people. Whether people are aware of it or not, that's what happens. Then children come along, and it interferes with going out and even seeing your friends at all. It was all a part of life. But life goes on. Time marches on without an apology.

 Time marches on without an apology