Long Lost Hope

Walking into her apartment, Rhea immediately seeks out Namjoon. He's found sitting in a chair inside his room, headphones in and reading a book. He had his glasses on. Rhea waves her arms at him, knowing good and well he couldn't hear her if she said something. Namjoon sees her and takes out an earbud.

"Hey, how was your day?" Namjoon asks her and Rhea walks in and sits on his bed. "It was fine, nothing bad happened." Namjoon looks visibly relieved. "Good, I didn't want to have to go to jail." Rhea laughs, her smile reaching her eyes. She couldn't imagine beautiful Namjoon functioning well in a prison.

She changed the subject. "Hey, I found you a photographer for RKive." Namjoon sits up and closes his book. "You did?" Rhea nods, smiling widely. "Yes! He's a phenomenal photographer. I got his number in case you're interested." Namjoon scratches his chin, he had a scar under his lip that he would absentmindedly touch sometimes.

"Well, if you say he's good, then he must be. I trust your judgement." Rhea clapped happily. She grabbed one of Namjoon's notebooks from nearby and wrote Taehyung's number down for him. "Here's his number." Namjoon looked at the numbers and then the name. "Kim Taehyung." Rhea nodded. "Okay, I'll give him a call tomorrow."

Rhea jumped up happily and ran over and hugged Namjoon. He laughed softly. "What's that for?" Rhea giggled. "Just for you being amazing." He just shrugs. That answer was good enough for him.

Deep down though, Rhea didn't truly know why she was so happy. She was doing a favor for Taehyung; she was happy to help. If it meant he would lose the sadness in his eyes for only a moment, she thought it was worth it.

She brought her phone to her face and decided to go ahead and tell Taehyung. That way he could prepare for the call and wouldn't be caught off guard.

Taehyung, Namjoon said he would give you a call in the morning.

Great. Thanks.

Rhea smiled. It might have seemed like a small accomplishment, but she felt good about helping him. She hoped that this meant maybe she could melt his icy exterior. In some moments, when he wasn't paying attention, Taehyung seemed like a sweet person. When his eyes would light up, or his smile would show. Rhea found him so mesmerizing.

Taehyung woke up in Jimin's dorm where he had been staying

Taehyung woke up in Jimin's dorm where he had been staying. He was given the bed to sleep in while Jimin slept in the floor. Jimin would act goofy and flirty most of the time, but deep down he was the sweetest human being on the planet.

It had been a few days since Taehyung had been home. He left his house so abruptly and hadn't returned yet. He had been borrowing some of Jimin's clothes while he stayed there. Taehyung knew he would eventually have to go home. But he was afraid of what he would find. His mother hasn't tried to contact him since he left. Which he found odd.

But today, Taehyung woke up feeling somewhat hopeful. Hope was a luxury Taehyung couldn't afford these days. For years, he couldn't. He had given up on the concept. Hope was for fools he would think sometimes. Hope was for those who had a future, who had happiness. Taehyung lacked all of those things. Or so he felt.

Taehyung was grueling over this phone call. He knew the importance of it. He needed money and this was his chance. In order to pay for school and bills he would have to try his hardest to win over whoever would interview him.

Getting out of bed quietly, Taehyung tiptoed over Jimin and out of the room. He needed to take a shower. He took his phone with him, not wanting to leave without it for even a second.

He took the quickest shower of his life. Stepping out of the bathtub, he toweled his blue hair dry best he could. He brushed through it and dropped the brush when his phone started ringing. He answered it quickly, trying to take a deep, steadying breath first.

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Namjoon, am I speaking with Kim Taehyung?"

"Yes, this is he." Taehyung's heart was racing.

"A good friend of mine recommended you to me as a photographer. When can we meet?"

"I am free any time, you name a time and place, and I shall be there."

"How about today, 4pm and the coffee shop called 'But First, Coffee.'"

"Perfect, I'll be there. Thank you."

Taehyung shook his fist in the air triumphantly. He was excited, he hadn't felt excitement in so long, this was bizarre for him. Taehyung ran into the bedroom and jumped on Jimin; he was awake instantly. "Wha?! What's happening?" Jimin's eyes were wide open, he looked bewildered. "Jiminie I have an interview today at 4!" Taehyung had the biggest smile on his face.

"That's great Tae!" Jimin yelled, smiling so hard his eyes vanished. He hugged his best friend tightly. Jimin felt relief wash over him. He knew Tae would get that job; he was too talented to not get it. For the first time in years, since Taehyung's father passed away, things were looking up for him. And Jimin couldn't be happier.