Guilt Riddled

Taehyung arrives back at the dorms. He is feeling so giddy. Sitting down at the desk, he turns his laptop on. He uploads the last batch of pictures he took for RKive and wanted to edit them a little. He stares at Namjoon who is looking dead into the camera lens. Taehyung begins to worry about how Rhea's best friend will perceive him. Will he see him as a threat? He wasn't one. Taehyung was terrified to open up to Rhea, afraid she would hate him. Call him an alien like everyone else did. But his quirks ended up being the things she liked most about him. It was mind-blowing to him.

Taehyung always viewed himself as ugly and thought he had to hide himself. Thought he needed to wear a mask to appear normal. But with Rhea he can be free. She encourages him to be himself.

On their last date together, they accidentally bumped heads as they both leaned to take a sip from the same drink. Taehyung pretended to fake cry, something he would do to be dramatic. Rhea absolutely loved it. She would clap her hands and say he should have been an actor. Last time he pulled that act with someone he was getting to know, they thought he was stupid.

Being around Rhea was a relief. He could cast away his mask. The mask he's being wearing for years.

The dorm door opened and Jimin walked in. Taehyung panicked and nonchalantly placed his hand over his neck, hiding the hickie. He acted as if he was leaning against his elbow.

"Taehyungie! You're actually here!" Jimin yells running over to his best friend. He wraps him up in a hug. "I missed you so much. You're always gone now." Jimin pouts and tries to kiss Taehyung's cheek. He grimaces and shoves at Jimin's shoulders, trying to stop him. "Quiiitttit!" Taehyung whines, trying to fight Jimin.

Suddenly Jimin stops fighting him. He stares at Taehyung's exposed neck and a slow-motion smile spreads across his face. "Kim-Taeh-Yung. What is that?!" Jimin screams and pokes the bruise on his neck. Taehyung tries to hide it, but it's already been spotted.

"Is that why you've been so distant? Is my best friend getting some finally?!" Jimin playfully slaps Taehyung's shoulder repeatedly. Taehyung decides to ignore that question. "Now it all makes sense! Now wonder you've been so happy and smiley lately. I knew it was super suspicious. I don't think I've seen you this happy since I met you!"

Taehyung stands up quickly and paces around the small dorm. "Okay. Yes. I'm seeing someone." He wrings his hands nervously. Jimin's eyes follow him back and forth with a mischievous smile on display. "Who is the lucky girl?"

He runs his hands through his hair, Taehyung looks around nervously. "You can't tell anyone." He presses his finger hard against his lips. Jimin zips his lips and locks it and throws the key. "Swear on my life."

Taehyung sighs deeply. "Well. Okay, it's-" He gets cut off by his phone ringing. His eyebrows shoot up and he reads the screen of his phone. "Hey! Don't leave me hanging!" Jimin shouts but Taehyung answers his phone.

"Hello? Yes, this is he. What?! Where is she?" Taehyung listens and then hangs up his phone. "My mom got admitted to the hospital. She's got alcohol poisoning. She won't wake up." Taehyung's eyes are blown out, he's panicking. Jimin quickly hugs his friend and tries to comfort him.

Jimin smooths away the tears that fall from Taehyung's eyes with his thumbs. "Come on, I'll drive you." Jimin grabs his keys and Taehyung follows behind him as they both quickly leave the dorm.

"Your mother apparently collapsed outside of her home

"Your mother apparently collapsed outside of her home. A neighbor saw her laying in the yard and called an ambulance. We admitted her because there's large amounts of alcohol in her system. She's slipped into a coma. We're trying to flush her with fluids now, all we can do is wait and pray." The nurse filled Taehyung in once he arrived.

He was a mess, his eyes red and puff but he listened carefully to what the nurse said. "How long as she been out?" Taehyung questions and the nurse looks over the chart. "It says here five hours now." Taehyung slams his fist into the wall. "Why wasn't I contacted sooner?!" He was furious. Jimin grabs his shoulders and makes him sit down in a chair nearby. "Tae, this isn't their fault." He says softly to him.

Taehyung broke down and sobs in his hands once the nurse left. "This is all my fault Jimin. I probably did this to her. If I hadn't left maybe this wouldn't have happened." He croaked out. Jimin bends down in front of him and takes his best friends tear soaked face in his hands.

"You didn't do this Tae, she did this. She chose the bottle over you countless time. You did what was right for you, don't feel guilty for that." Taehyung wipes his cheeks with the back of his hand. "What if she never wakes up?! How am I supposed to live with that?" Jimin hugs him tightly. He didn't know what to say. He could only pray that wouldn't happen.

Taehyung approaches his mom's bedside and takes her hand in his. "I'm here mom. I'm here, so now you need to wake up." He pleads and it breaks Jimin's heart.

The phone Taehyung left in his chair lights up. Jimin looks at it and sees the name 'Rhea' displayed and a text from her. Jimin picks it up and puts in Taehyung's code of 1230. Which is his birthday. Jimin ignores the text but types quickly to Rhea.

This is Jimin, Taehyung's at the hospital. His mom has alcohol poisoning.

He hits send and then looks at Taehyung who's crying by his mother's bedside. He knew Tae was going to need more support than he could offer. Jimin now understood why he didn't say anything. A student and professor are forbidden to date.