Two Worlds

Jimin and Taehyung walk towards Taehyung's house. "So, you saved her, huh?" Jimin says coyly, smirking at Tae. He just nods to his question. "You were her knight in shining armor?" Tae rolls his eyes and places his hand on the front doorknob. They both hear the crashing of glass. Jimin and Tae look at each other.

Taehyung rips the door open and finds his mother on the floor, scraping up the broken glass from a whiskey bottle with her bare hands. Tae bends down and smacks her hands. "Stop that! You'll cut yourself!" His mother looks up at him, her eyes are droopy and red. She's drunk.

"Taebaby whatchu doin hooome?" She slurs her words, a piece of saliva creeping down the corner of her mouth. Jimin grabs Taehyung's shoulder and pulls him up. "Let's get out of here." He whispers and Taehyung looks back at him and then to his mother. She was trying to scoop up the alcohol she had spilled on the floor.

"Mom. Mom! Stop!" He yells at her. She looks up at him with tears in her eyes. "I-I can't! We c-can't afford to waste anything now. I got fired today." Taehyung's heart races at her words. She sobs violently and leans forward to try to sip the whiskey off the floor.

"Tae." Jimin whispers, trying to desperately get his friend out of here. "Look at yourself mom! You're fucking pathetic! I'm sick of always taking care of you! You need to get some damn help! I know we've been messed up since dad died but pull yourself together!!" Taehyung screams until his throat burns.

Yanking his arm by his wrist, Jimin pulls Taehyung out of the house. "Come on, you can stay with me." Jimin pulls him along towards his car, Taehyung suddenly feels like dead weight. Jimin looks behind him and sees he has fallen to his knees, tears streaming down his face. Jimin's heart shatters on the spot, he kneels down and throws his arms around his best friend. Taehyung weeps into Jimin's shoulder.

Wrapped up in Namjoon's arm, Rhea tries to wiggle free

Wrapped up in Namjoon's arm, Rhea tries to wiggle free. "Joonie! I told you I'm fine." Namjoon's jaw clenches, he is furious. "What kind of Dean would act like that? What a filthy piece of shit." Rhea gasps out, Namjoon is squeezing her in his anger without realizing it.

"I can't breathe." Rhea tells him in a strained voice. Namjoon releases her and immediately apologizes. "I'm so sorry, shit. I didn't realize." Rhea catches her breath and gives him an angry glare. She walks off towards her room and Namjoon follows her.

"Imagine what would have happened if your student hadn't intervened." Rhea rolls her eyes. She stops walking instantly and Namjoon almost bumps into her. "I know that. I know." His eyes soften, he realizes he's being overbearing. "I'm sorry Rhe, I just...it scares me." Rhea places her hand against his cheek. "I know, now please give me some space." She pleads and shuts her bedroom door; it now separates them.

Rhea flops down on her bed and sighs heavily. She knew she shouldn't have told Namjoon what happened, but he quickly knew something was wrong when she arrived home. He's known her for most of his life, he could sense when something was off.

Taking off her shoes, Rhea throws them on the floor. She falls back against her bed and stares at the ceiling. Her mind goes back to earlier. She knew her gut was never wrong. Mr. Jung gave her such an uneasy feeling and there was reasoning for that. He would just be looking at her as if she was a meal. Some men would look at her like that, which disgusted her. It's okay to be attracted to someone, but don't act like a feral animal.

She rubbed her forehead; a headache was incoming. Rhea hoped that she wouldn't have any more problems from Mr. Jung. Maybe he had enough taste of danger to know better now. Taehyung had photographic evidence of his actions. Maybe that would keep him at bay.

Rhea also hoped that Taehyung wouldn't end up in some trouble after protecting her. Hopefully he wouldn't get expelled. If he did then she would help Taehyung fight the Board and take them to court if necessary. Taehyung's words stayed with her though. He didn't care if he got expelled. What a thing to say. Was he really that indifferent? How could he not care about his future?

Sighing, Rhea rolls over and curls up in a ball. Her eyelids grow heavy. Maybe a small nap will help. Just a break from the thoughts and worry. Just a little moment of peace.