Ms. Stone

"You're wearing that on your first day of work?" Namjoon questions Rhea as soon as she enters the kitchen of their shared apartment. She rolls her eyes and then fully faces Namjoon.

"What's so bad about what I'm wearing?" Namjoon stares at Rhea's eyes and weighs his options. He didn't want to anger her first thing in the morning. "You look like..." He gets interrupted. "I look like a single girl in her twenties?" Namjoon clenches his jaw and remains quiet, not wanting to press the issue.

Rhea's skirt was a little too short for Namjoon's liking. He knew it would gain the attention of every high testosterone boy attending college. Eventually after a short staring contest, Rhea gave in.

"What if I wear tights underneath?" Namjoon rests a finger on his plump lips and thinks about it. "That should be fine." Rhea rolls her eyes again and ventures off into her bedroom to find some tights that would match her outfit.

Returning with brown tights on, Namjoon gives her a quiet applause, showing his approval. "Glad you approve dad." Rhea told him sarcastically and he smiles slightly. "We're the same age, Rhea." She walks over to Namjoon and lightly flicks his nose with her middle finger. "Then act your own age sometimes."

Namjoon stands and rinses out his empty coffee cup. "I've got to get to the studio. Good luck on your first day of work." He leans in and kisses Rhea's temple, she fights to hold back a smile. She was supposed to be mad at him, but he always won her over. "Bye gramps." Namjoon looked at her then kissed his fingertips and smacks them on his butt. Telling her to kiss his ass.

Rhea had walked to her classroom nervously

Rhea had walked to her classroom nervously. Shaky steps in the correct direction. She had her arms full of books, a coffee and her messenger bag that almost over encumbered her. Awkwardly fumbling with her keys when she came to her classroom door, she unlocked it.

Quickly walking to her desk, she dumped the contents that were in her arms. She looked at the large empty room filled with desks. Soon her first class would be arriving, and Rhea was so nervous. She dug a piece of hair from behind her ear and twirled it around her fingers. She didn't know where to begin.

Rhea had racked her brain for months now about how to greet the first class. First impressions were everything and she wanted to seem stern yet approachable. It's difficult to prepare for things like this. A seasoned professor knew how to address these situations but this being her first day, she was a nervous wreck.

Soon the clock would strike ten o'clock and the class would begin. It was a quarter till now and some students were arriving and taking their seats.

Rhea greeted each one and handed them a syllabus. She was showing off her perfect smile, trying to seem non-threatening. She wasn't threatening in the slightest, but she didn't know how her students would perceive her.

Ten o'clock on the dot the last few stragglers came in and took their seats. Some of the students were talking amongst themselves, but for the most part, they were quiet. Rhea's attention was briefly drawn to two young men sitting in the front row. It was hard to ignore that bright blue dyed hair one of them had. They were whispering and laughing. She ignored that.

"Welcome to Photography 101! I am Ms. Stone. You may call me Rhea, some of you aren't much younger than me so we can be equal here. Today will be easy, no pop quizzes or homework." Part of the room cheered.

"I'll go over the syllabus here in a moment, but I want to hear from some of you first. What do you think Photography really means?" The classroom fell quiet. Rhea knew students were nervous on their first days, she always was.

Rhea points to a girl wearing a striped shirt. "You, what's your name and tell me what you think Photography really means." The girl looks bewildered and looks around, hoping Ms. Stone wasn't singling her out.

"Uh... I'm Stacy and it means to capture a scene or person in that very moment." Rhea nods as she listens. "That's the definition, yes." Rhea searches around the room. "But what does it really mean?" She makes eye contact with each student, not backing down. The man in the front row with blonde hair raised his hand after the man with blue hair whispered something to him.

"It means to portray the world as you see it. Expressing the darkness or beauty within the moment that you see through your own eyes." Rhea smiles and nods. "I like that!" Rhea makes her way back to the front of the classroom.

"Yes. We capture something that strikes us as beautiful in the moment we see it. It's forever encapsulated in that photograph. But taking a picture of something isn't just as simple as it seems. In this class I'll teach you how to apply your natural talents to how you'll capture a moment, a place, a person or a thing."

Rhea takes a breath as she sees some of the student's eyes sparkling as she spoke.

"There's easy tricks I can teach you so that your photos will seem significant and artful every time you take a picture. Now let's look over this syllabus. We will have a few group projects, a couple papers and not that many tests. If you look over the syllabus, you'll notice I hate tests. A written test doesn't accentuate someone's aptitude for Photography. Instead, your biggest grades will be counted on photographs you take and submit."