Blue and Gray

The weekend had arrived, and Rhea was more than excited to spend the day with Taehyung. It took her over a month to sneak around his walls. She hadn't quite knocked them down, but she found a way to cross them to the other side. She wanted to see what awaited across the walls. What lies beyond.

She had texted him last night to meet her at a local park that had trails, ponds, interesting buildings, playgrounds, and other lovely picture worthy scenery. Rhea knew this would be a good location, the possibilities were endless. The two of them had agreed to meet up at noon.

Dressing more casually than normal, Rhea was wearing converses, skinny jeans and lacey top that clung to her curves with a belt around her waist. She was applying waves in her long hair and finished getting ready. She didn't think this was a date, far from it. This was just a business opportunity. But she still wanted to look nice.

"Alright Joonie, I'm heading out." Rhea announces as she walks through the apartment and towards the door. Namjoon pokes his head out of his room. "Where are you going? You look very nice." Rhea smiled and curtsied for him sarcastically. "Just going to take some photos at the park." Namjoon nods and walks over to her to give her a hug.

"Kay, well take your taser." Rhea rolls her eyes. "I really don't need to-" Namjoon raises his eyebrows at her, and she sighs, surrendering. Rhea opens a kitchen drawer and takes the taser from the drawer and shoves it in her purse. "Happy dad?" Namjoon chuckles and nods. "See you later."

Arriving at the park, Rhea turns off her SUV and looks around for Taehyung. She doesn't have to search long; his blue hair sticks out instantly. He was just wearing a white t-shirt and jeans but still looked stunning. She grabs her Canon camera and tripod and shoves them inside a large bag. Then hopping out of her car, she walks over to Taehyung.

"Hey, it's a beautiful day for photography." Rhea says to Taehyung as she approaches him. He smiles slightly when he sees her. He scans her outfit but quickly acts like he didn't. "I wish there was overcast." Taehyung admitted while looking up at the bright blue sky that was bare of clouds. Rhea chuckles lightly. "You prefer heavier shadows." Taehyung nods at her assumption.

Rhea holds out her arms, "Where would you like to go first?" She asks him and Tae looks around. "The pond looks promising." She nods and smiles. "Let's go."

They walk silently over to the small man-made lake. Taehyung didn't really know Rhea, so he didn't feel comfortable being himself and Rhea didn't want to make him feel forced to speak.

Once arriving at the pond, Rhea squats down by the crest. "Oh! There's a single flower on that lily pad in the middle! I want a picture of that." She rummages through her bag until she finds her camera. Taehyung watches her curiously.

Bending down, Rhea steadies her arm by resting it on her knee and snaps several photos of the flower from different angles. "Beautiful." She whispers as she reviews the photos just taken. Taehyung was trying to learn from Rhea. Her photos always looked happy and positive. He wanted to see how she was able to do that since his pictures never did.

"I'm going to go take a picture of that broken down concrete bench." Taehyung mentions, pointing over at the other side of the pond. Rhea nods and follows behind him as he makes his way over. Rhea watches him, he had an eye for hidden beauty. She would have never even thought about taking a picture of that.

A few clicks later, Taehyung looks at Rhea bashfully, averting his eyes. "Would you mind taking a seat on the bench? I-I won't take a picture from the front. Just from behind, where it'll be you sitting by the pond." Rhea's smile spread across her face. "My pleasure." She agrees instantly and takes a seat on the bench. Taehyung squats down behind the bench and takes a few pictures, then steps further back and takes a few more. He adjusts a few settings and takes one more. "Okay, done."

Rhea stands up and walks over to him. "Did you get a good one?" Taehyung nods to her question and sinks his teeth into his bottom lip. He felt so self-conscious all of a sudden. He usually always did, but this was different.

Suddenly Rhea's eyes light up as she thinks of something. "Can I have one with you? I just had an amazing idea!" She's so excited, her smile is contagious, Taehyung finds himself smiling as she speaks. Rhea grabs his wrist excitedly and pulls him along as she goes running towards the basketball court. Taehyung looks down at her grasped wrist and can't decide if he likes it or not.

Dropping his wrist, Rhea begins to explain her vision. "Okay, there's a big puddle of water left here from last night's rain." Taehyung nods as he listens. "I'm going to adjust my shutter speeds. I want you to stand in front of the puddle and just simply look up to the sky. I'll focus on the puddle where your image will reflect. If you quickly step away your body won't appear in the rest of the photo, just in the water."

"What expression do you want me to have?" Taehyung asks, wanting to help make the picture perfect. Rhea shrugs. "Whatever you feel like will be fine." Taehyung nods and steps in front of the puddle. Rhea kneels down and angles the camera lens just right. Taehyung turns his face somber and looks upwards to the sky. "Okay, step away." Rhea instructs and Taehyung quickly leaves the frame.

"Got it!" Rhea yells, overly excited. She reviews the picture and smiles broadly. Taehyung looks at her curiously. "Come look!" She exclaims and he steps beside her and looks at the camera. The picture was indeed perfect. And it was taken in black and white, his favorite.

"This will be one of my favorites. I'll submit this one definitely. I'm going to call it 'Blue and Gray.'" Rhea says looking at his hair and then his eyes, she smiles. He blinks as he realizes their faces are incredibly close. His cheeks flash red and he took a step to distance them.