I arrived in no time at all then quickly got out and locked my car. I wore some dark sunglasses to disguise my slightly reddened eyes and walked all the way to where Kylen was practicing along with his guy best friends Russell and Everett.

"Hey Chubs, are you here to play today?" Russell beamed as I shook my head slowly.

"I'm here to see Kylen." I could tell he was avoiding my gaze as he tossed the ball to Everett.

"I'm busy—"

"It will literally take five minutes, please. I really want to talk to you." My voice had a slight emotional edge and I could tell that they had heard it.

"Just go man. We'll be here for the next two hours anyway," Everett patted Kylen's back. He looked slightly annoyed but he sighed and came over to where I was nonetheless.

Kylen led me to the empty, secluded field before standing before me with his arms crossed. He was avoiding my gaze as I started to speak.

"You've been ignoring my calls all week and you wouldn't respond when I'd knock on your door. What's that all about?" I questioned curiously.

"I know I have been ignoring you," he simply said as he stared into the distance.

"Why Kylen? You know I hate it when you avoid me without confronting whatever problem it is you're having with me," I shifted my weight to my other leg.

"I didn't feel like talking—"

"That's unfair Kylen. What's the problem, why don't you just say it?" I was now impatient as he finally faced me.

"You keeping secrets away from me is the problem Alora. I thought we talked about sharing things together, talking about what's happening in our lives, but you decided to keep your secrets from me." He sounded upset as my body went cold.

"What secrets Kylen? What are you talking about?" I asked in a high-pitched voice, feeling my emotions rise slowly.

"I saw you. I saw you and Taylor last week, kissing while you took a walk. You were making out with her and you didn't bother to tell Kylen, because Kylen is not that important huh?" He remarked sarcastically with hints of ire and blame.

"Just stop it Kylen! I'm fucking stressed out and I'm just going to jump into the ocean because everyone is upset with me." I removed my glasses, the tears already flowing out of my eyes. He looked taken aback by my sudden outburst. I had been holding in the pressure for so long.

"I made so many mistakes that I can't fix. It's all such a mess and I'm here to talk to you about it, hoping you'd give me some sort of comfort but clearly you're also not helping. I'm leaving—" I was about to walk away but Kylen grabbed my hand before I did.

"Alora, don't get upset—"

"I am very upset Kylen, it suits you when you're sad then little Alora comforts you. You don't give a damn, I want to go home to my Dad—"

"I give a damn about you Alora, I know I was angry but that's because you are my best friend, keeping secrets from me, but I swear that I'll always be there for you—"

"You weren't there for me. You ignored me for days, you avoided me at school and at home, I tried to call you multiple times. How was I even going to tell you about Taylor with the way you were acting anyway?" I cried as he stared down at me, his strong arm secured tightly around my waist.

"I am extremely sorry for the way I acted and I really regret it. Alora, please, I'd give anything at all, just, please don't cry. I hate seeing you cry," he used his thumbs to wipe the moisture from my cheeks.

"I'm sad," I hiccuped and he immediately pulled me into his warm strong chest.

I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso as I sobbed quietly, feeling safe and secure in his arms as he stroked my back.

"Don't be sad. I'm here with you now, we'll get through it together okay? You're too special to cry, hmm?" Kylen said in a gentle voice as I finally stopped crying.

I stared up at him with my ugly swollen eyes but he was used to it. He had seen me in the worst states ever. He only smiled warmly and kissed my forehead before wiping my cheeks with a clean handkerchief. He really was my comfort.

"I love you Ky," I whispered as he stroked my cheek.

"I love you more Aloe, you'll always be my one and only." He held my face between his large hands and I smiled widely.

"You're my one and only forever," I giggled while he nodded.

"I should be, just joking. What do you say we get some Oreo ice-cream after my practice them go home and chill till midnight?" Kylen probed softly.

"Yes, I would love that. I just want to be with you," I wrapped my tiny arms around his leviathan self again as his chuckle vibrated on his chest.

"I want to be with you too. I've missed you," he whispered with a grin.

"I missed you too—"

"Hey lovebirds, are you done over there so we can play?" Russell called out.

"Are we done? We can talk about it later tonight," Kylen raised his brows and I nodded.

"We'll talk later," I held up a thumb.

"Why don't you come and play too Chubs? I need you on my team," Russell called out and I rolled my eyes.

"Again?" I was good at basketball because of Kylen so I often played with them.

"I'll buy you marshmallows," he gave me a toothy smile.

"Okay fine. I'll be on your team," I waved my hand nonchalantly

"Great! All the points are 0-0 now," he gave Everett a smirk.

"See you in the courts." Kylen winked before walking back to where his friends were.

I pulled my phone out, feeling satisfied and sure of the compromise I had reached. It all had to stop, everything. I was just going to focus on my family and Kylen.

As best friends, I was going to make time for him and I needed to spend more time with Dad, Mom and Alison.

I had unconsciously neglected them and I wanted to revise my behavior, everything. It was the right decision to make, I thought as I texted something on my phone.

𝗧𝗼 𝗧𝗮𝘆🧡
𝗠𝗲:

𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘛𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳. 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴. 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘦. 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘴❤️

Everything would fall into place, I just knew it would eventually, I thought as I walked to the courts were the boys were patiently waiting for me.