Everett and Russell pulled Kylen away while Jean-Pierre came to Drake's rescue. Both were breathing heavily but Drake had more bruises than Kylen.

"You're a fucking maniac!" Drake insulted as Kylen struggled to get out of his friends' grips and hit him again. They knew he was way too strong to be controlled by one person so both of them were holding him.

"Let me go! I'll murder him," Kylen glared at his two close friends, who dared not to let go because he really meant it. They knew it too. His eyes had dilated with anger and he looked thoroughly upset. I dared not to get into his way because I knew what could possibly happen if I did.

"Relax bro, you've damaged him enough. Calm down," Everett said slowly as Kylen clenched his jaw.

"I'm leaving, fucking bastard." He shrugged them off before storming away but not before spitting on Drake. A crowd had already gathered on the field, eager to see the dramatic fight.

"No, I'm fine. He has a loose screw somewhere," Drake wiped his cheek with the back of his sleeve then received a packet of ice from one of the girls who were crowded around him, consoling and sympathising with him.

I contemplated on following Kylen but I couldn't do that because I knew that he didn't want to talk to anyone for the next two hours, so I hesitantly made my way to Drake.

"No, I don't really need that. I think I'll just go home," he said before making eye contact with me and outstretching his arms. I didn't waste time in hugging him tightly then looking up at his face.

"I'm really sorry, it's all my fault—"

"Don't say that, you did nothing wrong. It was between the two of us and I obviously stood my ground," he stroked my hair as I resisted the tears in my eyes when I noticed how bruised his face was.

"Look at you now, forgive me Drake." I whispered whilst inspecting his face again.

"That won't be necessary, trust me Alora. If anything, I'm not in much pain because I did it for you. You're special to me," he whispered lowly so that no one else could hear. A faint blush spread across my cheeks.

"Thank you. Can I accompany you to your car before I go for my lesson?" I probed gently and he nodded silently.

We walked to his car together and once he was seated in the driver's, he turned to face me.

"I may not come to school for the next few days, so don't get worried about me." Drake smiled.

"How could I not worry about you? Just look at what he did to you," I was caressing his face again, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Come on Alora, there's no need for you to worry your pretty mind about it. It was worth it," he whispered while running his thumb over my cheek.

"Can I come and visit you?" My voice was a small squeak.

"Yes please, I'll be waiting for your arrival." His smile was now broad and full of excitement.

"Good. Get enough rest and get treated," I squeezed his large hand gently.

"I will, because you said so." Drake winked, "I'll see you soon babe."

"See you." I kissed his forehead then watched him leave after bidding goodbye.

~

"Marissa, have you seen the cherries?" I asked while making mine and Kylen's ice-cream. I still hadn't seen him since the incident.

"Yeah. They're on the top shelf," she called out.

"Thanks." I tiptoed to the top and grabbed the container of cherries.