Mini Stories #1

Just some cute little fluff chapters for u to read whilst I'm working on my other chapters book/s. Also we drove home from Darwin today which means I'll be WAY more inactive but I should still be online quite a bit- maybe only for like 2 hours a day tho. Idk tbh.

545 Words

No hate ✌️
16/01/2022

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-Just after httyd 2-

Astrid was walking through the ice covered village when she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Hey Astrid! You happened to see 'iccup anywhere?" A familiar voice asked from behind her and she turned around to face Berk's village blacksmith, Gobber the Belch. She thought for a moment.

"Actually, no. Haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon sorry Gobber" the young blonde replied, noticing that she hadn't seen him for dinner at the great hall that night either. "I'll go find him" she finally decided, having a fair idea of where he could be. The blacksmith nodded as Astrid went off to go find her boyfriend.

She opened the door to the Haddock household and headed for the stairs, greeting the not-at-all-surprised Stoick, who was chipping away at a wooden carving at the table. Having Astrid come in whenever was pretty normal nowadays, and neither Stoick, Valka nor Hiccup minded all that much. "Hiccup's in his room" Stoick quickly replied, knowing exactly what the girl was here for. She nodded in response and went up the stairs and carelessly entered Hiccups bedroom.

"Hiccup are you in here?" Upon opening the door, it could be clearly seen that the young Viking had stayed up late working on another one of his 'projects'. His desk was filled with papers and pencil sharpenings everywhere, as well as a massive amount of things pined to the wall above the desk- including things such as sketches, fabric samples, improvements for toothless's tail, etc. "Hiccup?" She repeated, and that was when she noticed a figure sprawled out on the wooden bed in the centre of the room. She rolled her eyes at the display- Hiccup was laying on his stomach in a starfish position, arms and legs hanging off the bed as well as the blanket just barely covering him- most of it had toppled off the side and onto the floor along with his pillow.

"Are you still asleep!?" Astrid asked out loud before going to sit on the bed next to Hiccup. "Babe get up. It's almost 2 in the afternoon!" She pressed, but he just moved so that his head was facing away from her. He was determined not to get up yet. "Come on Chief, you have work to do!" She continued.

"Astridletmesleeeeeeeeep..." Hiccup mumbled tiredly, hoping she would buy it. She didn't.

"You've been asleep all day!" She argued, and as a response, he mumbled something inaudible under his breath before shifting again, pulling the blanket off the floor and over his head.

Astrid stood up and sighed. "Right. Well some fresh Yaknog should wake up you up" she said, walking towards the door. Immediately, Hiccups eyes opened and he jumped up.

"Alright alright I'm up I'm up" he surrendered, running around trying to get ready- forgetting to attach his prosthetic leg, so when he went to walk out the door, he face planted instead.