Modern- Missing

Astrid= Ashleigh
Hiccup= Hayden
Snotlout= Scott
Heather= Harper
Ruffnut= Rachel
Tuffnut= Thomas
Dagur= Daniel
Fishlegs= Fred
Zephyr= Zoey
Nuffink= Noah

I guess I owe u an explanation... so this won't be out for ages bc I can only write like a sentence at a time(in hiding ofc) and... yeah.

Also, PREPARE FOR IMMENSE CHEESINESS

No hate ✌️

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ashleighs POV.

"Alright I'm heading out now. See you in 3 days!" Hayden exclaimed, grabbing the keys off the bench and walking over to me. I give him a quick kiss on the lips even though it's only 3 days.

"Bye babe" I reply, and I stand in the front doorway as he turns on the car and backs out of our driveway and heads down the street on the way to his parent's place. When the car turns out of sight, I close the door behind me before heading to the bench and...

...pulled my phone out of my pocket. That was 2 months ago now. He was supposed to be gone for 3 days, and yet nobody knows what happened to him. The day after he was supposed to get back, I left it, thinking he must have just headed off too late and stopped along the way home. What a grave mistake that was.

I stood with my hands in my pockets whilst looking at the missing poster that was stapled to the telephone pole. "MISSING: Hayden Haddock. Last seen- 29th October 2021. Call **** **** ** if you have any useful information"

The small search party of friends, the drive along the road, calling everyone and every possible stop along the way. Apparently he never even made it to where he was staying the first night of travel. Then after that I decided to call the police despite my friends saying it was fine. They send out massive search parties, at one point even helicopters were used to try and spot any trace of him. They never even found the car, footprints or DNA of any kind. He just... disappeared.

"Look, Ash, I know it's been a while, but I don't think there's much hope left. As much as I hate to say it, I think it's time to let go" I heard Harper walk up behind me, her boots crunching in the snow. Having Hayden gone missing had affected almost everyone in the neighbourhood, but nobody was more affected by it than me.

"I think... I think he could be dead by now. It's been months" Rachel stated, walking beside Harper to stop just behind me. I check notifications on my phone one last time before putting it back into my coat pocket and looking up at the picture of Hayden's face that was plastered onto the poster. I took in a long, shaky breath before sighing and turning around.

"I know... but I just- I just can't..." I reply, tears welling up in my eyes. Since his disappearance, I had been sent into a downward spiral of depression. I had even reduced work hours to continue searching for Hayden, but to no avail.

"There's not much hope left" Harper stated again, and I took in another sharp breath as if I had been punched in the stomach.

"He's probably not even alive" Rachel exclaimed, getting an elbow to the ribs from Harper as she did so.

"You could have broken it to her gentler than that!" She hissed at her, who just shrugged as a response. Way to state the obvious.

It hurt, but it was true. Imagine- your boyfriend is going to their parents house and they don't come back. No car was found, he hadn't gotten lost and it'd been months since he was last seen. Pretty unlikely he would still be walking this earth, right?

"They're preparing a funeral service. It'll be on tomorrow night. I'm sorry" Harper explained, passing me a small slip with time and address as well as other details. The background of the card was a black Rose with a blood red ribbon tied around the stem, the writing in bold white print. I nodded sadly, taking the card and holding it in my right hand, letting my arms rest against my sides.