Azubah's Tail(get it? Tail? 🤣)

First, thoughts on the pun. I HAVE SO MANY 😆

So here we are with the tragic story of Azubah the Tamarin... let's go! 😆

Btw this chapter also has some details of my mental fanfic and just stuff in general. Secret stuff 🤫

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

From far away, a distant quarrel- like that of a playful puppy -sounded. It's voice was hurt. This poor creature had been tormented, neglected, alone... alone for many, many years. 500 to be exact. 500 years and she was still the only soul within the desolate world. It yelped again, louder this time, in hopes that something- anything would hear it's cries for help. Even if it was just the wind that picked up her whispers, but the island was still. As it had always been.

She laid her head in her crossed paws and began gently nipping the edges of a nearby rose before retreating back and throwing it up. She had given up eating a long time ago, and the only way she had access to fresh water was through her own tears, however her tears had long run dry. Only a baby, and yet doomed to die young. Laying her head down supposedly one last time, the little dragon remembered back to the time long before...

Long before the war that tore the world apart.

There was once a time, many years ago, when Vikings and dragons were at peace. She had been the greatly loved dragon of a young girl and her parents. The girl was short and slim with a Matt of curly brown hair messily knotted up in a bun with a leather elastic of some sort as well as wearing brown fur boots, an aqua tunic, pink leggings and a small spiked skirt. She had olive skin and rosy cheeks as well as a constant smile and sense of love emitting from her. Every day the little girl would let the dragon, who, she named Maribel, sleep on the edge of her bed every night, and would do many other activities with her. She would share her food, take her for walks through the forest, brush her scales, give her endless amounts of cuddles and even teach the dragon how to make daisy chains, which they wore matching pairs of to wear around the small settlement they called Berkia.

Who was this young girl? Coincidentally, her name was Valerie Camicazi Hofferson, daughter of Raya the Ruthless and Tassi the Terrible. Back in those days, it didn't matter if you saw a dragon without a weapon on hand. It didn't matter if you set fire to something. It didn't matter if a couple fish went missing every day.

Then the worst happened. The new Queen- The Red Death, began ordering everyone to raid the nearby villages and bring back food for her, and if they didn't pay their share, they would be eaten as the main course to smooth her everlasting hunger. She remembered hiding with her family behind a burning tree, screams flooding their ears. Suddenly, the tree burst into flames, and they ran. The small family ran and ran and ran.

As they came to a secluded clearing, the little dragon gently scuttled up Raya's arm, cooing softly. Valerie suddenly gasped and grabbed the baby Tamarin, hugging her tightly as tears streamed from her eyes. The dragon whined, not sure what to make of the situation at hand. What was going on?

The little girl continued to cry as she lowered the dragon into a dark hole hidden in the base of a cliff, just being able to see her wipe her tears away before a tangle of vines covered the entrance. Suddenly, screams and yells were hears as some flaming hot lava dripped through the gaps in the vines before retreating, and silence followed afterward.

Poor Azubah had been trapped by herself for 500 years. Just as she was losing hope, the thick foliage filling the entrance rustled wildly and ripped as what could be seen as the tip of a shoe poked through before disappearing again. At the time of this, a yell could be heard.

"Woah!" The little dragon coked her head up. It sounded like the call of... what were they? Hoomans. That's right. She pondered what 'woah' meant when she heard another voice followed by the same one as before.

"Astrid! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a... hole..." the voice said, trailing off as they looked down to see what they had tripped over. "Looks pretty deep" The female voice stated, peering into the hole where Azubah was hidden. The small dragon let out a small cry. That small cry could either lead her to an untimely death or an amazing new life- either way, her life would change forever. Some murmuring could be heard for a while before the sound of something scratching at the dirt above.

Azubah took a couple of cautious steps back until she was properly backed up against the cold stone wall, unable to escape what would come next. The dragon curled up in a little ball in the corner, closing her eyes tightly and facing away from her supposed attacker. Although she thought these would be her last moments on the flat earth, it wasn't long before she felt a source of warmth slowly getting closer to her before she felt herself being encased in two warm arms. Opening her eyes again, the baby Tamarin looked around to see that she was no longer in the dark hole, but instead was outside in the bright sunshine and fresh air.

As she opened her eyes wider, the little dragon could see that she was being held by the girl hooman with blonde hair who was rocking the dragon slightly, making her tired and relaxed despite the situation. In front of them was another hooman who had short brown hair and a large black dragon that was standing behind him.

"Can we keep her? Pleaseeee? Come on Hiccup, this dragon has probably been trapped in this cave for ages!" Azubah heard the female hooman arguing with her supposed mate before sleep clouded her mind.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Believe it or not, that actually took like a week to write(well it felt like a week- it was probs only like 2 days rlly 😂🤔). Okeh anyways bye! Also I'm working on another chapter for Running Away From Home and my new runaway book should be out soon. Keep in mind I am WAY better at writing oneshots than continuous books so u have been warned 😂

No hate ✌️
17/01/2022