Protective Part 1

Hi! So im waaaay too lazy to write an A/N rn so lets go!

Overview: Well this is gonna be one of those oneshots that's abt u know when someone comes to Berk and flirts with a certain blonde who may or may not nearly break their arm in the process. What? I like to keep stuff believable. Takes place during S6 of rtte

No hate ✌

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hiccup's POV.

I heard a horn blare in the distance, signalling the arrival of a boat(or dragons). Visitors nevertheless. Cocking my head up from the sketches I was drawing, I looked over through the window in my room back on Berk, where we were staying for a couple days whilst getting things sorted back at the edge. Every day one of the dragon riders or someone from the A-team would fly out to check on the volcano and all the dragons at Outpost Island.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice the door behind me fling open and my father, Stoick the Vast, barge into my room. "Hiccup!" He yelled, startling me. I spun around and began quickly grabbing the papers I had been scribbling on and shoving them messily into a fabric satchel that was hanging off the chair I was sitting on.

"Uh- I- Uh- hi- hi Dad! What- what are you doing here? I- I mean, is there anything you need or..?" I stammered, the shock slowly receding as one of the pieces of paper flutters down from the satchel and onto the ground just in front of his feet. He frowned in confusion before bending down and quickly picking up the paper before I could get to it.

His gaze softened as he was studying the picture that he held in his hand. I stood in front of him and looked on nervously as I knew exactly what drawing it was. It was a sketch of Astrid kneeling and scratching Stormfly under the chin on a grassy hill. He lowered his hand and turned to me with a soft smile.

"This is beautiful, son. You definitely got your drawing skills from your mother" He exclaimed quietly, and for a second I thought I could see a tear well up in his left eye before he stood up straight again, placing the sketch back onto my desk. "Oh, there's someone at the docks I'd like you to meet"

*time skip to when they're at the docks*

As we approached the docks, a boat had just pulled in. An older man of about 40 or 50 climbed down the side of the boat and quickly wrapped a large rope around one of the wooden poles that was sticking out of the floorboards, securing the small vessel from drifting away. This man was roughly the same height as my father, but about half the width, with shoulder length curly black hair and he wore clothes similar to Dagur. Afterwards, the man walked up to us and shook me by the hand.

"Ah yes. This must be 'iccup is it?" He asked with a warm smile.

"Uh... yep, that's me" I replied nervously. He nodded his head and walked over to my dad, shaking by the hand.

"'ey there Stoick! Long time no see ol' frien'!" He exclaimed cheerily, flashing a bright smile as dad took his hand and shook it heartily.

"Couldn' be happier to see you!" my father replied, smiling brightly. They shared a quick half a second hug as I looked on in semi-confusion. Dad caught this and turned to me. "Son, this is Magnus(first name I thought of. As with most). He's an old friend of mine from just after you were born, and then he unfortunately had to leave to another island for family matters" He explained, answering pretty much all of my questions in one go.

"Ah yes, you were just a l'il babe the last time I saw you. Only a month or two old at the most" Magnus declared, gently ruffling my hair before continuing to talk to my father for a couple more minutes before he jumped off a cliff. (No not really just pretend that part isn't there I was legit just bored 😂)... before he stepped back, realising something.