"I- I am?" Part 2

Why hello there! Okay so I meant to write this days and days ago, but I've had a bad case of writers block so I asked ppl for their suggestions on what I could do! First, okay thank you guys for being so quick! I got 3 responses in one night! Annnd the idea I'm doing is: Persony_person's idea(above)!

Warning: well I don't rlly need a warning for this but imma just say that it's fairly short

No hate ✌️

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No Ones POV.

*time skip of 3 days*

Hiccup watched from the forge as Astrid mounted Stormfly and took of, the pair flying towards the ocean on the other side of the island. He creased his brow in thought. She hadn't been acting like herself lately. Usually she would always stick near Hiccup or constantly be improving her training, but that hasn't been the case these past few days. He suspected she might still not be feeling great from the stomach bug- about a week ago she had woken up feeling sick, and vomited a couple times, but the next day she was fine, so he had just put it down to a bug, although nobody else had caught it- not even him(He's so oblivious 🙄).

"Whatcha thinking about lad?" Gobber asked from behind the chief, snapping him out of his thoughts. He turned around to face the blacksmith.

"It's just Astrid. She hasn't been acting like herself lately- although she had a pretty bad stomach bug the other day so I guess she's still recovering, although I'm starting to get a little worried about her" He informed Gobber, who was just walking over to the corner of the room to grab some more tools.

"Well if you ask me she might be dealing with that stomach bug for a couple more months..." Gobber said under his breath, but not loud enough for anyone to hear. He stood up straight again and put the crate of tools on a nearby bench, sorting through to find the right one. "Well if yer worried about her, go take her to see Gothi tomorrow" He suggested, and Hiccup nodded.

"I will. Hey uh... Is it alright if I go do something quickly? I'll be back soon" The younger Vikings asked, and Gobber playfully rolled his eyes.

"Well you're the chief, 'iccup! Sure y'a can" He replied, practically waving him off, but by then, Hiccup was already opening Toothless's tail fin and the pair left into the air.

~-Line Break-~

The chief of New Berk and The Almighty Salamander(I got this idea from another oneshot book- umm... DANG MEMORY!! If anyone knows plz tell me so I can edit this little A/N) landed outside Valka's hut and walked in, knowing she'd be home at this hour.

"Hey mom?" Hiccup asked, walking over to Valka who was contemplating with Cloudjumper about where the little carving of the Stormcutter should go.

"Oh, afternoon 'iccup. Anything I can do for you?" She asked in her usual manner, turning to face her son with a smile for a second and then going back to arguing with her dragon. She moved it over to the next shelf, and her dragon just shook his head.

"Uh, yeah. I think there might be something up with Astrid- do you have any ideas or..?" He asked the older woman, who just shrugged.

"Not sure sorry. Why don't you go talk to her? I'm sure if there was something up she would tell you if you asked about it" She suggested. Valka very well knew what was up, and Gobber could see it as well, but Hiccup- he... he could be pretty oblivious. She also knew that Astrid hadn't told him the news yet, and was trying to subtly tell him that Astrid knew what was up and needed to tell him.