chapter 75

knowing that it's bout to get cold makes me so happy cause my birthday coming uppp forreal but we're on a break for Thanksgiving. I didn't go with my family this time I cooked for me and his meaning friendsgiving with our friends it was me, him, Sean, ciena, ciena's little sister, and ciena's little sister bestfriend aka kayla, and me and Jay's child...he bought us a couple of glow in the dark fish knowing I can't bring animals home and seeing that I was watching some on YouTube one day he says I deserve nice things but what he doesn't know is he is the nice thing like has he seen him.

But it's actually been okay I guess we just now finishing cooking at 5 all the girls were in the kitchen meaning the 4 of us and jay and Sean playing the game I stayed the break with him and grandma you know grandma she covering for us."so you and jay been together for how long" Kayla asked ciena's little sister bestfriend their 15 by the way I smile and say "four months now" she nods and say "that's so cute" I nod turning back around and say "yea you got a boyfriend?" ciena laugh sitting on the counter eating some chicken I made "no god please don't get her started on her big ass spread sheet of shit reasons why" Tianna "tooooo late" she leans on the fridge while I fix everything "I'm glad you asked kind lady who can cook and is Jay's girlfriend "

I make a questioning face "my name's nia yk nini" "yes nia but back to the facts at hand " I nod listening while doing what I'm doing "I must haven have a boyfriend because I refuse to be treated as less, take care of a lil boy I'm not his mother why should I feed him and sweet talk him plus etc, men cheat and their reasons never are good and it's always with bitches who are ugly atleast get a bitch who gon do sumn with her life" I nod "these all are really good and relatable things kaykay but not all men or boys are like that it al depends on who you let waste your time or give your time to " she nods "that's true but ion got time for that he need to do right the first time so ion gotta be alone again like I'm the best thang a nigga could have I'm that trophy drake was talking about" I laugh as the other girls shake their head I say "you are an trophy but be patient we're all still growing you might find you a good man in a place you would have never thought you'd be or sumn" she nods and get on her phone standing beside Tianna.

"she heard nothin you said but atleast she's quiet now I'm sooo hungry" I shake my head and say "taste this I wanna make sure its right"  yea I was doing taste tests for them I couldn't have nasty food on the table that's just bad business you know "this smack you made cornbread too " I nod "aww yea leftovers gon be my fave this year" I laugh I wipe her mouth and try to clean her hands "all this stuff on em c why you ain wash em" she laugh "cause you do this every 10 or 5 minutes " I shake my head feeling a kiss on my neck and arms wrap around my waist "I'm hungry " " we bout to bring the food out I just finished " "not for that...for you" I turn my head at him still cleaning ciena hands "no move be good go finish playing the game" he laugh and put his nose in my neck smelling me I finish helping ciena and turn in his arms "yessir?" he pull me to him rubbing my butt as I hold his shoulders "tonight?" I hum poking my lip out he kiss it biting it lightly I smile pulling it back and letting him go turning back to what I'm doing "maybe" he smack my ass and mumble hm.

I ignore it and let the girls help me take everything out to the table with big spoons and everything I feel my phone vibrating after I sit the food down and everybody start taking a seat and I look at my phone than at the table saying "imma answer this I'll be right back " they look at jay and I just walk off going out the backdoor answering "hello" "Do you wish to accept this collect call-" I press the number to accept knowing who it was and smile "nini baby ?" "hii uncle James " "wassup what you doing where you at?" I laugh "I'm at Thanksgiving with friends" "that's good grandma saying you got a special friend imnnot gon give you the talk but just be careful and shit" "I know we are" "he good to you?" "yes sir " "good wouldn't want to have to break out and do a lil nigga in" I laugh "no unc he's really good to me " "what grade you in now nini how's school and everything I remember you used to love reading I even been reading the shit you tell me they some good ass books" I hm "good but I'm in 11th grade now I graduate next year and I do still read just gotta figure out what I wanna do after everything you know " "yea I know just know shit takes time princess I know you cried last year when I couldn't be there just know I know igh I never forgot about you" I start crying hearing him .

He got locked up 8 years ago when I was little but I remember all the gifts and things he would send for me he was my favorite uncle even though he had no kids of his own he was like my dad.I look back hearing the screen door screech it was jay I wipe my face as he look at me coming fully out the jail beeps through "5 more minutes"  he huff a little "I'll call you again some time nini just now I love you and everybody you got everything in da bag you always did " "k I love you too unc" "stop crying nini just breathe we can talk again just remind grandma and shit " I hm jay hug me rubbing my back "youu good want everybody to leave?" "no I'm okay just need a minute" he nod "igh we can wait together " I nod as he wipe my face with his hands the last 2 minutes run out to him listening to me and jay as jay soothed me.