Last Apologies.

Christian
Christmas Eve

My family has always celebrated Christmas on the 24th. The 25th is saved for watching Christmas movies or football and reheating food from the previous day. It's a thing us Colombians do.

Mom and I spent the first half of today together. My dad told us to come over at 10 p.m. Mom and I both take separate cars here because her flight leaves at 2 in the morning. She doesn't work tomorrow obviously, but she is spending the holidays with her side of the family. She invited me, but I don't think I'd be up for it after tonight. Despite how much I do miss my moms family.

I get to my dads mansion first, luckily. I put in the pin he texted me and the gates open up. I hate how fucking rich he is sometimes. My Uber parks in large driveway, next to dads black Mercedes. I get out after paying him and shove my hands into my pockets immediately. It's cold here and drizzling. Two of the worst combinations in my opinion. I lower my beanie to cover my ears as I walk up to the huge, black fiberglass doors.

I ring the doorbell, tapping my foot impatiently against the ground. I'm not ready to see him yet, but life's a fucking bitch, right? The door opens wide about thirty seconds later. My father stands on the other side dressed in a white button up and some black slacks. I thought about dressing as decent as he is, but I didn't. Instead, I decided on jeans, a white hoodie, and my beige jean jacket. At least I'm warm, I'm not used to this cold anymore.

"Come in, mijo."

He steps aside and I enter his house. I've only been here twice before and it's looks almost the same as the last time. Still, I look around as he leads me into his house. I notice he still has pictures of us. Me, my mom, and him. He also has many of me in my football uniforms throughout the years. I shake my head. "Give your jacket to, Johnson," He motions to a man. One of his workers I suppose. I give the man a once over as he holds his hands out for my jacket.

I start taking it off, "I'll take care of my own jacket. Thanks, Johnson." I remove it completely and walk over to hang it on my dads coat rack. I know dad rolls his eyes at this. I've never used his maids when I've come over. I don't know why he has them. He's still young enough to do shit by himself. He shouldn't have bought a house so big if he couldn't take care of it on his own.

"Food will be out in a little bit, sit down," He tells me. I sit down on the neatly made table (not by him I'm assuming) as he walks over to get a bottle of wine. "Your mother is still coming right?" He asks me, picking out two wine glasses for now. "I'm fucking counting on it," I whisper under my breath. "What was that?" He says, walking towards the table again.

"I said, yes, she's just running a little late. She just flew in today," I lie. He nods and pours wine into his glass and mine. He knows I've never really liked wine, so I don't know why he's giving me some, but I'll take it. Maybe I'll need a light buzz in order to get through this night. My dad clinks his glass against mine. "To family," He says. I roll my eyes when he looks away and take a drink from the wine. It's not horrible.

The doorbell rings again. Mom.

"I'll get it." Dad gets up from his chair and fast walks to answer the door. My phone buzzes in my pocket, I pull it out.

Xan: all well?

Me: yea yea, so far. just got here.

Xan: ok merry christmas eve babe, wish u were next to me instead </3

Me: you already told me this earlier douche

Xan: fuck u then

I rub my lips, holding in a laugh. "What are you laughing about?" My mom's voice fills my ears. I turn to look at her and my dad is already headed to grab another wine glass. I pull out the chair next to me so that she can sit next to me. "Xander," I tell her.  She smiles at the mention of my best friend. "How's he?" She asks me. She fixes my hair and I pull away from her hand.