First Feeling.

Novalee

When I open my eyes, I'm blinded by the sunlight that peeks in from the open blinds. I swear I almost hiss like a vampire. I pull the sheets up to cover my head as my eyes recover from the bright light. I feel Christian shuffle next to me, but he stays asleep. I uncover my body, but immediately cover it again when I realize I'm still naked. I'm very naked.

I feel my face get hot as the memory of last night comes crashing back into my head. I cover my face with my hands even if no one is there to see me blush. The house is quiet and I grab my phone quickly to check the time. It's still only seven thirty in the morning, I feel like I've slept for hours. I request an Uber quickly.

"Got plans at seven in the morning, Johänson?" Chris's voice makes me jump a bit as I turn to look at him. His hair is messier than usual and his morning voice sends a shiver up my spine. I bring the blanket higher up my chest so that nothing is visible. I shake my head and lay back down. "My class doesn't start until 10:30, but I called an Uber to pick me up in a bit," I say. He scoots closer to me which makes me freeze.

He tucks a strand of my tangled, messy hair behind my ear. "Good, I want more time with you." He smiles. Okayyyyy, I'm losing my mind here. "Is that what you say to all your one-night stands?" I ask, immediately regretting it. My defense mechanism is showing. I want to believe that last night meant more than just a one-night stand to him, but I don't yet. It meant more to me obviously.

If it hadn't, I would've left the second I woke up. It also would have never happened in the first place. I don't think I'm fit for one-night stands. He frowns, "Is that what you think this is?" He asks. I shrug. "What else would it be?" I mutter. There's no way I'm going to assume this is anything more than sex. I gave into Christian Valdez's words just like every other girl at this school. The only problem is I actually like this guy for more than his status and good looks.

I genuinely like spending time with him and learning new things about him. God, I'm being such a sap. I don't like this. I only hope that I'm just feeling all these things because we had a moment and not because I actually mean them. Because then that would be the start to something that won't end well.

"Nova," he drags the letter A. He grabs my chin with two fingers so that I'm looking at him. "I wasn't clear about it last night, but last night was more than a one-night stand to me," his deep-set brown eyes never leave mine "if I haven't made it obvious enough, then I'm definitely into you. In a more than friends way." He smiles. My cheeks flush again. I want to believe him so bad, he sounds genuine.

But my past has shielded my heart in more ways than one. Not just my past with him, but with Devon as well. Devon was never a ladies man, not like Valdez is. It scares me. I don't know if I'd be enough for him. Those are just my deep-rooted insecurities though.

"And if you don't believe me, then what if I told you that I'm open to being monogamous to you and only you, Novalee Johänson?" He raises a brow. Monogomous? "Wait, really?" I ask. He nods his head and lets go of my chin to grab my hands from under the covers. He brings them up to his lips, kissing my knuckles. "What do you say, babe?" He presses my hands against his hard chest. "You can say no, I guess, but then that'll just be kind of embarrassing for me." He chuckles nervously.

Oh God, oh God.

"You won't mess it up, right?"

"I told you yesterday I wouldn't."

"Okay," I breathe out. He doesn't say anything, still looking at me for clarification. I nod, "we'll give this a shot." I smile and he returns it immediately. His hands find my waist and he pulls me closer to him. My skin against his again makes my heart beat 1000 times faster. I think I can get used to this. He slips his hand up to cup my face and kisses my lips softly. I kiss back, sliding my hands down his abs. He shudders as I reach the bottom, right above his waistband.

I forgot he was still completely naked. "Sorry," I say against his lips. He shakes his head quickly, "don't be sorry, babe." He smiles. I bring my hands back up to his pecs as I kiss him again. A couple of seconds later, a knock at the door makes us jump. The doorknob turns, but it's locked. "Valdez, Nova, come eat breakfast." Xander says from behind the door.

I flush immediately, turning my head to Chris. "How do they know it's me?!" I shout whisper in panic. He shrugs, "I guess they assumed since we went out together last night." He replies. Oh, right. My tensed shoulders relax until I realize something. My head shoots back to him. "Did they hear us?!" Chris looks at me momentarily before standing up from the bed. Penis out and everything. I turn around, feeling like I shouldn't look.

He laughs, "you can look at my cock, babe. Don't forget it belongs to you now." He says. I gasp and throw a pillow at him. He catches it easily. "Don't say dirty things like that, Christian!" I gape, still not looking towards him. He laughs again, throwing the pillow back at me. "You can turn around now, I'm covered." I turn slowly and he is. He has on gray sweats that hang low on his waist. Crap. He looks hot.

"Can you pass me my bra and stuff?" I ask, still sitting in bed with the covers over my naked body. He throws my clothes onto the bed and then walks to the bathroom. The faucet switches on so I assume he's brushing his teeth. I use him being out of sight to change. I quickly snap on my bra and throw on my shirt. Then, I remember. He ripped my panties! "Christian!" I groan. He peaks his head out from the bathroom, toothbrush in his mouth.

"Hm?" He says, disappearing back into the bathroom. "You ripped my undies, loser! I am not wearing pants with no underwear." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. I hear him spit in the sink and then he saunters out, wiping his mouth. He walks over to his drawer and pulls out some of his boxers. He walks over and holds out them out to me. "Wear these for now." He says. I glare at him and then he slaps my ass, a small shriek escapes my mouth.

"And don't call me a loser, babe. I only win." He winks and then walks out of the room. I roll my eyes and slip on his boxer briefs and then my pants and shoes. I should probably say no to breakfast since I still have to go home and shower before class. I'm surprised the boys are up this early. Maybe practice starts earlier than I expected.

I put my waist-long hair in a messy high bun before I finally go downstairs. When I walk into the kitchen, it goes quiet. I groan. "Please, please don't make this awkward," I say. Cgc grins at me and then takes a bite out of his pancakes. "It's not you, we're just still all in mute shock that Valdez has a girlfriend now." Rhys voices. Christian elbows him and he groans.

"I'm not, who wouldn't want to date him?" Xander places a hand on Chris's thigh, looking at him lovingly. Chris smirks, "thanks, babe." He says and then throws his hand off of him. I walk toward the table where they're sitting and sit on Chris' lap. "Hey," I start "I'm babe." I frown. He wraps his muscly arm around my waist and pulls me closer. "Yes, you are." He agrees, placing a kiss on my cheek.

Xander rolls his eyes at us playfully. I smile at him and then get up. "I have to go already, but I'll see you guys later?" The boys nod, currently stuffing their faces with all kinds of breakfast foods. Chris pulls me towards him once more and places a quick peck on my lips. I kiss him back. "Bye." I smile.

My Uber is already waiting for me once I open the door to leave.

This isn't the first time I've spent the night at Chris' place, but this time I'm leaving as his.. girlfriend ? This also isn't my first time being his girlfriend. Oh boy. I let the middle-aged woman know to drop me off at school before my phone rings.

Maddy: where are you?

i know it's seven but are you really that deaf that you didn't hear me pounding on your door?!?!

nova

nova

novalee

need 2 talk 2 you >:(

I smile at her messages. I need to talk to you too, Mads.