Last Party.

Novalee

"I can't believe you dragged me out here, Nova." Maddy and I walk into the football stadium, arms intertwined together. Yes, I dragged her to a football game. She was avoiding coming to this game. Since Christian is the captain, she didn't want to support his team. "We're here to support one player and one player only," I tell her. She looks at me, "Cgc." We say in unison. I've been telling her that all day, I'm sure she gets it already, but she won't stop complaining.

Cgc has been texting me almost everyday and asking if I'm okay or even feeling better. He's asked about my auditions too. He's being a good friend to me because I've been through this before. The first time around, he wasn't like this. He had known Devon for longer, so he didn't completely unfriend him when he cheated on me. This time is different. I've known Cgc longer than Chris. Ha! Even so, Cgc hasn't talked bad about Christian once. He only says how he wished he didn't do what he did. I'm surprised, but I don't question it.

Maddy on the other hand, is just being dramatic like always. It's not like I'm dragging her to an event she won't enjoy. She loves football. Peyton and Natasha will be joining us too a little later. They're driving down from Sacramento. They actually went home for Thanksgiving unlike Maddy. I was in L.A. but I got back to Oak Hill last night.

The stadium is already starting to get full as we make our way inside. Since it's the last game for a couple of weeks, everyone's making their way to see this one. We find some seats in the student section luckily and make sure to save two for our girls. They said the were close by already anyway. "Remember to fight for these seats if anyone tries to take them," I say to Maddy. She nods, already focusing on the field.

The game won't start for a while, but the players from both teams are warming up already. "Girls! Shots?" A curly haired brunette guy holds out a bottle of Patron to Maddy and I. Maddy takes it from him and they film her as she downs a shot easily. She sticks out her tongue to show the alcohol is gone. The guy stops filming and she hands the bottle to me. "Go," She says. Curly-hair starts a new video, recording me. I waterfall a shot of the strong tequila. It slides down my throat roughly, but I try not to make a face.

The guys cheer again as I swallow the clear liquid and hand the bottle back to him. "Thank you, thank you," He says and starts asking other students around us the same thing. "I wonder why he's recording," I tell Maddy. She snorts, "He's a frat boy, they always do this at the last game," She informs me. I nod my head once and we both still look at him as he passes around the bottle of tequila.

"I hope he still has some left for when Peyton and Nat come," Maddy laughs. I hope he does too.

+

Peyton, Natasha, Maddy, and I get off Natasha's car. We won, 63-32. It was such a good game. The excitement in the stadium was insane. I think we're all still on a high. Especially since I agreed on coming to the after party at Max's townhouse. I know he will be here, but I don't think he'll try and talk to me. I hope he's smart enough not to. "Oh my God, this is the last party of the semester!" Peyton tells us. "Then lets get fucked up, we'll take an Uber home, fuck it," Maddy says.

My three friends look at me since I'm always more hesitant about getting drunk whenever we go out. Why not, right? I think I deserve it. It'll be our last hurrah before finals next week. "Okay, lets do it," I smile. They all cheer and we loop our arms together as we walk into the townhouse. The house is just starting to fill up with people and luckily we made it in kind of early. Normally, they only let a certain amount of people inside.

"Ohmygosh, there's so many drinks!" Peyton points towards the kitchen and the counters are lined with bottles. There's also three kegs and a cooler probably filled with more alcohol. This party was planned in advance I'm assuming. Maddy opens up an unopened bottle off the counter and pours some into cups for us. "Cheers, bitches." We cheers and then take a drink of our alcohol.