Last Embarrassing Moment.

Christian

I sit on the couch across from Nova now as Cgc gets up and leads his friends toward the front door. It's been about fifteen minutes since he told them to leave and finally, their cab was waiting outside.

Despite the fact that they were supposed to stay here for a week, well, I don't think that's happening anymore. Cgc walks back into the living room a couple of seconds later, running his fingers through his raven hair.

He looks toward the startled red head on the couch in front of me. He sits down next to her and rests his hand on her thigh. I furrow my brows slightly at this. "I'm sorry about that. I didn't realize giving them a little alcohol would turn them into assholes." Cgc sighs.

Nova shakes her head quickly. She looks a bit defeated and I can't blame her. "It's not your fault, C," she places her hand on top of his now "this is exactly why I didn't stay in touch." She chuckles, but it's not a happy one.

My gaze stays on their touching hands. Can he find another way to comfort her that doesn't involve..that? "I guess they're still as immature as they were in high school. I didn't think Kaiden and Camila would back them up though." Novalee laughs at this, rolling her eyes slightly.

She pulls her hand away from his.

That's my girl.

"Oh, come on, Cgc. All of you have probably been rooting for them since before I even got to East Grove." She argues. Cgc furrows his brows and leans back a bit. "I wasn't and neither was Kaiden. We'd always give him shit about liking her so much. It was embarrassing." He shakes his head. He means that. I know when he's lying.

"I swear." He adds, rubbing her shoulder. Seriously? She seemed tense again before his touch. She breathes out and plays with her fingernails. "I didn't deserve that. No matter how long he had liked her for. And twice?! Oh my god, I'm an idiot."

Cgc shakes his head. "They're the idiots. Not you." Novalee smiles before throwing her arms around his neck. I can see he's a bit taken aback by her actions, but he melts into her hug after a couple of seconds. I get up quickly and walk over to them. "Okay!" I place my hand on her shoulder, pulling her back from him.

"Let me take you home, it's getting late." I interrupt. Nova nods up at me and hugs Cgc again for a couple of seconds. I don't pull her away from him this time. She says bye to him and I wait for her by the front door with her backpack.

She grabs it from me and we both walk outside to my car. I feel a bit uneasy after that whole debacle from earlier. I had no idea about all the drama that had unfolded between Novalee and her friends when she went to school in Louisiana. We've been friends again for a while now but she hasn't really spoken much about her junior and senior year of high school.

It's been a while since then and her 'friends' still seem bitter about the whole cheating ordeal. It wasn't even Nova's fault she got cheated on but that's how they were painting it out. No wonder she didn't stay in touch.

I'm sure she didn't talk about it because she was embarrassed. I rarely see her get flushed and her face was heating up during the whole thing. From embarrassment or anger? That I don't know.

Her body language is still the same as it was back at the house. I swear if she pushes up against the car door anymore, she'll plop it open and fall out. The thought creeps into my head. "What do you have against the door that you're crushing it to death?" She hasn't said a word since we left the house. Her eyes flick towards me quickly. Her cheeks flush again and she moves her body more to the middle of the seat.

"Sorry," she apologizes. I feel bad. She looks sad. What the fuck do I do now?

"Did you want me to take you back to school? We can hang out for a bit if you're down for that." I'm sure she'll turn me down but its worth a try. She looks at me again but doesn't say anything. We're already close to school as it's not far from mine and the guys townhouse.