First of Many.

2 days later, Wednesday
Novalee

I take my hoodie off from my head as I exit class. Regardless the fact that it's 90 degrees out, I decided to wear my oversized Oak Hill university sweater that I bought yesterday at the giftshop, and some black bike shorts that were barely noticeable due to the length of my sweater.

I push some of my hair off my face and take the sunglasses I have in one of backpack pockets out and put them on.

"Nova, Nova, Nova." I hear an oh-so familiar voice approach me. I sigh quietly as his tall figure is now stood next to me. "Valdez, what?" I say, continuing to walk. Just like yesterday, my two classes on Monday's and Wednesdays are pretty spaced out, meaning I can go back to my dorm after each one.

Christian clasps his hands together as he holds a big grin on his face. "I wanted to formally invite you to my party tonight. Wear something sexy." I turn to look at him and his grin has turned into more of a smirk. I roll my eyes in disgust even if he can't see them since my huge sunglasses are covering them. I'm sure the frown on my face is distinguishable.

"No, thanks." I retort, but he's stubborn. "You have any girls yet? If they're hot, bring them. That way you won't be alone. Either way, you won't be. I'm down to hang with you the whole time." I let out a chuckle and shake my head. Was he actually serious? I have no friends yet, besides Maddy and this girl named Rebecca I met yesterday in my drama class.

"One, even if I did go, I'd rather be alone than hang out with you the whole time and two, are girls all you think about? Man whore, am I right?" I shake my head and reach to open the door to get inside the school, but Christian jogs toward it and opens it for me.

I stop and look at him. "Go ahead." I roll my eyes again and push my pride aside, stepping inside. He doesn't fail to keep up with me. "To answer your question, all I think about is football and girls." He grins. Idiot.

"Okay."
"Okay, you'll come?"

"No, just okay. I'm not going to your party, Valdez." I notice a frown on his lips. I'm not necessarily looking at him, but my peripheral vision is amazing. Then I realize, I'm walking towards my dorm. I do not want him to know what hall I stay in, so I stop.

He stops abruptly as well and stands in front of me. "What's with 'Valdez'?" He says, crossing his muscular arms across his chest. I furrow my brows a bit in confusion. "What? That's what everyone used to call you." I say. In high school, nobody called him Christian, not even teachers.

I'm pretty sure its stuck since I've heard the name 'Valdez' around campus. I've only been here three fucking days and I've heard about ten people say his name when I've been walking these halls. Most of them being girls. Shocking.

He rolls his eyes this time. "Yeah, but you never called me Valdez. You always called me Christian." This was true. Damn it, why does he remember that? It was kind of a thing we had. He introduced himself to me as Valdez and when I asked for his first name, he told me it was Christian. I decided I would call him that. It made him a little bit mad at first, but he grew to like it. Yet, I was the only person who called him by his first name.

"Okay? That was years ago." He sighs in frustration. From what I remember, he was a very impatient person. He had quite the temper which was one of the reasons he enjoyed playing football; It was an aggressive sport. I don't know much about him now obviously, but I'm picking up on a couple of traits that I'm familiar with.

"For someone who claims they're over what happened years ago, you seem like you still hate me." He swipes his tongue across his bottom lip. Why is he so hot? He wasn't this attractive when I was dating him. Well obviously, he was like 15 but still. I wish he glew down instead of up.