First Day of Class.

Novalee

After my encounter with Christian Valdez at Friday nights frat party, I left almost immediately. I texted Maddy whenever I got back to my dorm that I had been feeling sick and to not worry and stay as long as she'd like.

She was hesitant but after a picture of me laying in bed comfortably with my pj's, she was okay. I hate the fact that his presence affected me that much.

He still looked somewhat the same from the last time I saw him. His face was chiseled and he had gotten taller, way taller. He also had these huge muscles on him. He was absolutely sexy. Stop it.

My conscious doesn't fail to stop all the thoughts running through my head.

After I got back to the dorms that night, I may or may have not stalked his Insta. Okay, I totally did. Just like I figured, he did attend Oak Hill. His Instagram only had about fifteen posts. Most of them were football related. He looked good in his uniform.

I was so careful to make sure I didn't accidentally like anything. That would've been the end for me.

I had him blocked for so many years, that I didn't know what he was up to. And now I'm attending the same college as him? That's crazy.

I shove my phone into my back pocket after sending a quick good morning text to my parents. Since I moved here a couple of days ago, they haven't failed to text me every single day.

I won't lie, I miss them both already. They're the best people I know and it stung to leave them behind, but I needed to do this for myself. I had always, always put other people before me. It was just the type of person I was. I needed to start doing more things for myself and I was starting off by moving to California. Even if it meant being thousands of miles away from the two people who love me the most.

I walk into Public Speaking extra early. It's my first class of the day and luckily, I only have one other class that isn't until three pm. It's only nine am and this class should be over by around eleven, so I have plenty of time in between.

I walk up the stairs and sit in the middle of the room. The class slowly starts filling up. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't get much sleep last night. I guess my head was running with thoughts. I lay my hand against my palm and my eyes struggle to stay open. I should've taken a detour to the schools café before coming to class.

I close my eyes, but they open a couple seconds later when I feel someone sit down next to me. "Class hasn't even started yet and you're already falling asleep?"

My eyes open almost immediately and my whole body freezes. That stupid, stupid voice. Just when I thought I'd never see him again, I see him twice in a span of less than a week. God, help me.

I remove my hand off my face and turn to face him slowly. I don't know why I had some hope that it wasn't him, but it was. I look at him with a blank expression.

He holds a small smile on his face and I notice him eyeing me. "Stop that." I say. Luckily, I don't stutter my words. His dark brows furrow together. "Stop what?"

I roll my eyes, turning to the front of the class but then back at him. "Looking at me." I finally say and look away again. He snorts. "I missed that pretty face." He says confidently.

Is he serious right now? I can't help but roll my eyes again. I think I'll strain an eye muscle if I'm around this man too long. I'm still very confused as to why he decided to sit next to me. There's about a million other seats and about twelve other rows.

"Seriously though, wake up. The prof always has a stick up her ass." He adds, but I don't necessarily listen to him. I always told myself that I didn't hold grudges, but for some reason I didn't want to talk to Christian. His presence was bothering me so much.