Last Hangover.

Christian

The next morning comes way too soon. As soon as I try and sit up, my head begs to fall back onto my pillow. I don't fight the massive headache I have and lay back down. I shut my eyes too, avoiding all the sunlight coming into my room through the window. How drunk did I get last night? I forgot how having a hangover felt like. I didn't miss it. I turn my body around and my knees hit the body next to me. I know it's Nova, but I don't want to wake her up yet. I know she's the reason I'm here in my own bed right now.

I tend to knock out on the couch when I come home from late nights. I don't know why I'm never able to make it to my bed. A hand slaps against my bare abdomen and I flinch. I turn and Nova's eyes flutter open. Her head turns to me and her eyes widen. She turns her body around quickly. I furrow my brows in confusion. "Why are you hiding from me?" I ask.

"I'm not hiding."

"Then look at me."

Her smaller body turns back to face me slowly. There's small bags under her eyes so I assume I wear them as well. "Why were you hiding?" I frown. I hope she's not mad at me for getting as drunk as I did. I only remember the moments before I got shit faced with Xander last night. "I wasn't, you just scared me," She says. I narrow my eyes at her. She's lying. "Am I that ugly?" I'm not fishing for a compliment, but she's not making any sense. She shakes her head quickly, "I didn't mean it like that!"

I sit up, despite how much my head pounds. "Then?" She follows my actions, but gets up from the bed completely. "Like I said, I wasn't hiding. You just scared me." She grabs the hem of her shirt and pulls it off her body. "Wel-," Her chest is bare, no bra. My mouth stays open, but nothing comes out. She looks at me with furrowed brows, then down. She covers her chest with her arms quickly. "I forgot!" She says. My whole body heats, but nows not the time for that.

I get up from bed, "It's fine." I look away, so I won't make her uncomfortable and head to the bathroom. I take my toothbrush and squeeze some toothpaste on it. I wet it, then begin to brush my teeth. I don't know why Nova is acting so weird, but I don't want to push her to tell me anything. I just hope it's not beause I did anything deranged last night.

Once I walk back into the room, she's changed into a white crop top and light-wash, high waisted jeans. "Are you leaving already?" I ask. She nods, taking her toothbrush out of her bag. She walks past me and heads straight for the bathroom. What the hell did I do? After two minutes, she steps out of the bathroom. My arms are crossed over my chest in front of the door.

She notices me and then stops walking. "Hm?" She hums. I can't tell if she's mad or if I'm overreacting and reading her wrong. "You'd tell me if I did something dumb last night, right?" I ask. She tucks a strand of her waist-length hair behind her ear. "You didn't do anything dumb last night." She walks over to me. Her hands lace around my neck and I hold onto her waist. "I'm a weirdo. I just got scared." She smiles and then places a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Where are you going?" I question. It's about eleven in the morning, it's not late, but not early either. "I need to go check on Maddy," She says. I tilt my head to the side a bit. "I'm sure Natasha took good enough care of her." I kind of want her to stay a little bit longer.

She starts putting her stuff back into the overnight bag that she packed. "I know, but just to make sure. She hasn't texted me like she said she would." She frowns. I suppose Maddy had a good time last night as well. I hope Nova had fun too. "Also I'll see you more this week since you don't start practicing until Friday right?" She adds. I nod, "Correct." She smiles and throws the bag over her shoulder.

She walks towards me again and I pull her close to my body. Her arms find my waist and hug me. I cup her face with two hands and kiss her deeply. I don't know if I completely believe her when she says she's fine. I'm starting to get worried especially since I remember her being weird when Xander walked into my room last night to ask if we were ready.

Nova kisses me back, already used to these intense kisses I love giving her. I part her lips with my tongue and she greets mine with hers. A knock at the door causes her to pull away. Great. "Yeah?" I ask. The door opens and Xander walks in. Nova pulls away from me. Again. What the fuck.

"Sorry. We're gonna go get some breakfast at Lucy's diner. You guys coming?" He asks. Nova looks at me and then at my best friend. "I have to go, thanks for the invite though." She smiles a bit. "Let me change real quick," I say. Xan nods and walks out, closing the door again. I shift my attention back to Novalee once he's gone. She smiles at me. "Enjoy breakfast, I'll text you later." She places a quick kiss on my cheek before leaving.

Well now I'm mad again. And curious.

+

We slide into a booth at Lucy's diner which is kind of packed. It's a diner closest to campus so most of the people here are college students. They are probably all hungover from the party last night just like the four of us. A waiter comes over and we order immediately, already knowing the menu well after three years of being loyal customers.

Xander sits in front of me with Cgc next to him and Rhys beside me. The ride over was quiet just like it is now but that's just because we're all battling killer headaches. "I'm so fucking hungry. I think I might have threw up all the food I ate these past three days earlier," Cgc groans. Xanders face contorts, scooting away from him. Cgc elbows his ribs and he groans. It didn't seem hard but I think we all just have sensitive stomachs right now.

Even though we're about to eat like pigs.

"Did I do anything bad last night?" I ask, curiously. Xander furrows his brows, "Define bad." I rub my lips in thought. "I don't know, like anything that would get my girlfriend mad," I say. Xander tilts his head like he's thinking about it. "Naah. Why? Was she mad at you?" He asks. I shrug. "Dunno. She was acting weird but when I noticed, I think she started playing it off."

Xanders eyebrows stay furrowed. I remember being with him all night but I don't know how drunk he got. He handles his alcohol a little better than I do though. He shrugs his shoulders lightly. "You didn't do anything. Not that I remember of at least," He says. The waiter returns with our drinks, cutting the conversation off. We thank her and then she disappears again. "Don't think about it too much, I'm sure everything's alright." Xan assures me. He picks up his cup and sips his water from the straw.

I trust him.

Then again, Nova was acting all weird around him not once but twice. I have to figure out what that's about.