Last Drink.

Christian

"At least you won your game today, right?" Novalee says, sitting on my bed watching me. When am I not pissed? I don't know. I think people have a kink of pissing me off everyday. My girlfriend tries to make me feel better, but even she can't do that sometimes. Today is one of those days.

I scoff, buttoning up my white long sleeve. "No," I say coldly. I look at her from the mirror and she frowns. I stop buttoning midway and turn around. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a dick," I soften my voice. I can't be a dick to Novalee because I'm pissed off. She shakes her head quickly.

"It's okay." She smiles a bit. It's my turn to shake my head, "it's not and I'll make it up later," I promise. Her smile grows, so I return to buttoning up my shirt. I leave a couple of buttons unbuttoned and then throw on the tie lazily. I decide to leave it untied, just around my neck. I grab the pilots hat and some black sunglasses, putting them both on.

I turn to Nova who's already staring at me. I hold my hands out to the side and smirk. "What do we think?" She stands up from the bed and walks towards me. She wraps her arms around my waist and looks up to me with her brown irises. "Soooo hot," She stands on her tiptoes to place a kiss on my lips quickly. I kiss her back and smile.

I've never been a fan of Halloween but the party we're going to tonight requires a costume, so I just bought a basic pilot costume from the Halloween store. She takes a step back and looks me up and down. "I should have dressed opposite to what you're wearing," she frowns "so we could have a couples costume." She looks down at her own costume.

She's dressed like Black Widow from Marvel. The all black suit fits every curve of her body tightly. "People will know we're together because I'm gonna have my tongue down your throat all night," I raise my brows at her. She slaps my arm playfully. "You could've been the Captain America to my Black Widow." She pulls the tie from either side of my neck, pulling me close to her. I love that she likes being extra close to me, it's adorable.

I furrow my brows. "They dated?" I ask, curiously. I've only ever watched one Avenger movie. She shakes her head, "no, but they should've!" I laugh a bit and then Xander walks in. She pulls away from me causing my hands to slip from her waist. "Ready?" He asks. "Let's go," I say. He nods and steps back out. I look at Novalee. "Why'd you pull away?" I ask. She shakes her head and goes to the bed to pick up her belongings. "No reason, let's go!" She smiles.

I furrow my brows and before I can say anything she's pulling me out the door.

+

The party is being held in a big warehouse rather than a students townhouse or dorm. When someone throws a Halloween party at Oak Hill, they go all out. Meaning getting a space big enough for half of the student body to attend. Nova was surprised at this fact, but Rhys filled her in quickly on why. Her last school was a party school as well, but this was a new level of 'party school' for her.

The place was already somewhat packed when we arrived. Turns out the party has started at 8 and not 10 like Xander said. We were just arriving at 10:45. We go further into the place to find some kind of drinks. "Keg!" Maddy points. All our heads snap to where she points. We grab a couple of cups and fill out cups to the brim. Luckily, it's still full. Xander takes a long swig. "Shit, this actually tastes good," His eyes light up a bit.

Usually keg beer is watered down or gets hot after a while. Maddy makes a disgusted face. "This is terrible," She says, setting the beer down on the nearest table. Xander rolls his eyes and takes another drink. "You always have to disagree with me?" He asks the raven-haired girl. She flips her hair off her shoulder. "No, but you do have terrible taste if you think that beer was actually good," She retorts.