First to Tell.

Novalee

"Wait, wait, wait. So you guys have been hooking up occasionally? Like friends with benefits?"

Maddy scoffs. "Please, we're not friends. We make small talk for about two minutes and then I pounce on him. After sex, I just leave." She looks at her chipped nail polish before looking back up at me.

"So then how many times have you guys slept together? Because I remember you clearly said that you don't like dating football players cause they're nasty." I argue, crossing my arms over my chest.

She laughs. "Novalee, seriously? Just because I sleep with a guy multiple times, doesn't mean I'm dating him. Didn't you hear what I said? I barely talk to the guy, unless it's about meeting to hook up or," She pauses, looking down at my comforter.

I furrow my brows. "What?" I question. "You know," she juts her chin at me "we talk when we're having sex. Dirty talk and all that." I gag, jokingly. "Right, I forgot that existed." She laughs and shakes her head. "Girl, what? When was the last time you had sex?"

Good question. Sophomore year, last year. It wasn't as enjoyable as I remember it being before. I questioned if it wasn't good because I wasn't doing it with a guy I actually liked. I didn't want to be that girl that could only have sex and enjoy it when she's in love with a guy.

The last time sex was good was when I was with my boyfriend Devon. Senior year of high school and yes, I was in love with him. Fuck.

"I don't remember." I lie. She shakes her head again. "If you don't remember, then it's been way too long." She's not wrong. Although I haven't been completely celibate.

I was definitely not holding back with Christian last night. Which I should probably tell Maddy about, but I'm scared she'll root for me. I don't want her getting any ideas about me and Christian.

"That's okay with me. I have a friend in my drawer who gives me enough pleasure alongside myself." I smile. She snorts. "Definitely, not the same thing, but you're not wrong. A vibrator is still very helpful."

I smile and before I can answer, her phone buzzes on the bed. We both look down at it and she hurriedly picks it up. I stare as she reads the message with a blank expression on her face. Then she gasps, something she loves to do. She's very dramatic.

"Look at what this asshole said!" She shoves her phone in my face and I take it from her tiny hands. My eyes scan for the contact name first.

Cgc.

The message reads: Had lots and lots of fun with you, Maddy baby, but I don't think we should see each other anymore. It's not you, it's me. Can't stay in a fling for too long :( sorry, we can b friends tho? yea? ;)

I snort, covering my mouth quickly because I can tell Maddy's upset and I don't want her taking out her anger on me. "I'm sorry, Mads." I say softly. Although, I don't quite understand why she's upset since she said it was just casual sex.

"This is why I avoid football players. He's blocked." She takes the phone back from my hands and proceeds to block the quarterback. "Friends my ass, who does this guy think he is?"

"Cgc Scott.." I say lowly.

She glowers up at me from her phone. Shit. "Uhhh, I made out with Christian Valdez!" I blurt out, hoping to stop the smoke coming out of her nostrils. Luckily, it does. She sits up from her slouch, her mouth in an "o" shape. "What?! When?!" She places her cold hands on my wrists, her eyes filled with complete curiosity now.

Cgc who?

I feel my cheeks flush at the thought of last night. "Yesterday, he came over to help me finish the speech thing and well.. we made out after." I say lowly. My loud best friend shrieks in excitement. This is exactly why I avoided the topic. She's too happy about this.

I hope she starts using her brain and realizes we're talking about a football player here. The football players she tends to stay away from. One of the football players who just dumped her.

"How was it? Fuck, I bet he's a great kisser." He really is, but this is exactly what I'm trying not to think about. I had to open my big mouth. "Yeah, he is. But it was a one time thing." I shrug, looking away from her hopeful eyes.

"Oh my god wait," she grabs my chin and turns me to face her "did you lie to me about not knowing when the last time you had sex was?" She gasps, covering her mouth. "Did you fuck Christian Valdez?" She says in a whisper like we're not completely alone in my dorm.

"No!" I smack her knee lightly. "We only made out, that's it," I say, using my hands to speak as well. But that stupid hopeful look still fills her cat-like, green eyes. "Okay, we made out heavily." I admit. And that's all that happened, truthfully.

She throws her head back and giggles like a little school girl. She pulls me in a hug and lays her head on my shoulder. "God, I love you." I softly pat her back, confused by her actions. "Why..?" I say carefully. Either she's going insane because of Cgc or she's just being cute.

She pulls back from the hug, keeping her hands on my arms.

"You and Valdez are going to fall madly in love with each other. Guaranteed."