Last Study Session.

Christian

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

I roll my eyes and put on my earbuds as a text from Novalee comes through.

Novalee: study at ur placeeee??

Me: sure, wait an hour tho.

Novalee: why???

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

How the fuck can I still hear it over my music?

Me: Xan's got company and they r getting it done. don't think you wanna hear it.

Novalee: what does that even mean????

Me: ...

Novalee: ?????

Me: they're fucking, love. they're fucking.

Novalee: ohhhh

Novalee: come to my place then, why are you listening in?!?!?!

Me: im used to this shit, but yeah ill be there in ten.

I shove my phone into the pocket of my sweatpants as I start gathering my things. I throw my backpack over my shoulder and walk out of the room. "Right there, Xan." A high-pitched voice fills my ears before the next song plays. I can't help but chuckle as I walk downstairs. He doesn't even try to hide the fact that he's having sex. I guess the girls he does it with don't give a fuck either. Sadly, I was the only one besides Xan so I'm the one who chose to suffer.

I pick up an ambrosia apple from our fruit bowl and head outside to my car.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm up in Nova's dorm, taking out my notebook and computer on her bed. It was only two days ago that Maddy came to my house and told me to lay off Novalee. I have. Honestly though, I think I started laying back after that second kiss. I knew it probably shouldn't have happened and Maddy just confirmed my thoughts.

I still want to be Nova's friend though, so obviously I haven't completely blown her off. "How have your other classes been?" We study together a lot now, but mostly speech since we both take the class. I still ask her about her other classes and help her out with those too. "Fine, I'm actually keeping up with my work." Her eyes lighten. I nod, "Good job." I say, hopping onto the bed. If she's telling the truth, then I'd say my learning techniques have helped.

"Are you almost done with your speech? It's due this Friday." She nods and hands me her laptop. I go over her outline and she's halfway done with it. It's really good too. "This is good, Nov! Finish it today so that you won't have to worry about it last minute." She nods her head plenty of times. "I plan on it. I finished my work for the week so this is my last assignment!" She smiles.

I return it and continue on the homework I was doing back at the house before I got distracted with moans. I'm finishing up an essay for one of my classes. It's a fifteen-page research paper and I'm already twelve pages in. It's a midterm paper and the midterm isn't due for another week which is enough time for me to finish it up. "Have you been studying for midterms?" I ask.

Fuck, I'm being so weird and quieter than usual.

I haven't seen her since before Maddy came to my house, but by the looks of it, she has no idea her best friend visited me. She would have mentioned it. "Yess, Christian. I got this handled, thanks to you, of course." She has been doing better. I'm relieved by it. I only nod. "Ugh, I'm so nervous to present." She says.

I furrow my brows slightly. "You did great when we presented last time and this one's easier and shorter, don't worry about it," I reassure her. She smiles a bit but shakes her head. "The only reason I wasn't nervous was because you were up there with me." She bites her fingernails nervously. It's a bad habit of hers.