First Meeting.

Novalee
Mid-September

"How was I supposed to know Rhys was butt naked? Oh my god, Christian you can't take me back there, I'll kill you and I'm not playing!" Christian's whole body shutters as he's laughing at me. I hate him. He shakes his head, pulling up at a red light. Still laughing.

I smack his head lightly. "Dude, I will jump out of this car. Take me home." He finally composes himself a couple of seconds later, but he's still having trouble getting a full sentence out. "No, Novalee, you have to finish your speech with me! And I told you, he's not home. He's out with Xander." Christian laughs again.

I cross my arms over my chest and look straight ahead at the road as we inch closer to Chris's house. "I promise, I'll make sure you avoid him if he ever is here when you come over." I turn my head slowly, glaring at him. He pulls into the driveway, still giggling at the thought of me seeing one of his roommates naked.

I could never unsee it. His dick wasn't all that terrible, but it still didn't make every single interaction with him any less awkward.

"And you ask why I hate you." I open the door to his car and shut it behind me. He follows me on the path up to the townhouse. "You love me." He smirks, looking back at me as he opens up the door.

We walk down the hall to the living room, hearing multiple voices. God, if I see Rhys I will literally evaporate on sight. I hide behind Christian just in case and he laughs when he notices me. The room goes quiet when he walks in and then I hear Cgc. "Rhys isn't here, gorgeous."

Great. Everyone knows I saw him naked.

I open my eyes and let go of his shirt that I had been holding onto so that I didn't fall. "Who's your company?" Chris asks. Then my eyes meet his. His. Not Chris', not Cgc's. Not Rhys'. Although in this moment, I wished it was Rhys.

I can't seem to peel my eyes off of him until I'm attacked with a hug and gasps throughout the room. Chris backs up, looking confused. "Surprise! Nova also goes to Oak Hill. She just moved here this semester actually."

Time feels frozen as my former best friend doesn't loosen her grip on me. What. The. Fuck. McKenna finally pulls away and I can see the excitement in her eyes. I on the other hand? Am still shocked. "I missed you, Nov. Oh my god!" I fake a smile.

"Move Ken!" Camila says, pushing my brunette friend. She pulls me in for a hug, short and sweet unlike McKenna's. Then her boyfriend, Kaiden, does the same. The only people left are the people who kind of destroyed what I thought friendship and love meant.

"Hey." I wave awkwardly to Tyra and Devon who I notice aren't close to each other as well. They both give me awkward 'hey's' and waves back.

"This is one of my roommates, Chris, guys!" I turn to see Cgc with his arm wrapped around Chris' shoulder. "Hey, nice to meet you all." He nods his head once to them. "Is he your boyfriend, Nov?" McKenna comes up next to me, slithering her arm through mine, looking directly at Christian.

Hell no.

I let out an awkward chuckle. I never told them about Chris, thankfully. "Oh, no. We're just friends. I met him though Cgc." I lie. Both of them look at me confused. I'll have to explain later. Luckily, they don't add to my story.