Last Minute.

Novalee

"I can't believe you guys don't have anything planned for his birthday!" I frown. Xander holds up his hands in defense. "He doesn't like his birthday! He tells us the same shit every year. We try to take him out and shit but he always says no," Xander defends. I cross my arms over my chest as we walk to the building where we share a class. "Well we're throwing him a party whether he likes it or not!" I smile.

Xander starts shaking his head quickly. "I don't think that's a good idea, Nov. This man seriously got some shit against his birthday," He tells me. I frown again. Does it have something to do with his childhood? I don't think so. A lot of people hate their birthdays which I think is crazy. We should celebrate another year of life for ourselves and the people we love. I'm throwing him a party. I don't care if he gets mad at me. Seriously though, he can't even stay mad at me if he tried.

"We have to do something," I start "it doesn't even have to be like a big thing! Maybe just me, you, some of his teammates, Maddy, and our girls!" I clap once, smiling. Xander groans lightly. "What? That's not a lot of people," I say. "Does Maddy have to be invited?" He retorts. Oh. I smack his arm lightly. "Be nice! Yes, she has to be invited," I say, defending my best friend.

"You're telling me to be nice? She's nasty as hell to me," he argues. I roll my eyes. I can't stand them not liking each other. I'm sure Xander wouldn't mind being friends with her if Maddy would just let go what he said. It's hard to come back when you've been snarky with her though. Especially since Xander was someone she didn't even consider a friend and he decided to intrude our private conversation.

"Well then you'll just have to be civil for Christian's sake," I say. He looks at me like really? Yes really. I raise my eyebrows at him, trying to look intimidating. He rolls his eyes and sighs. "I'll try." I smile. "But if she opens her big ass mouth I'm not gonna stay quiet." Darn it. Well I guess I'll have to talk to Maddy about it too. We stop right in front of his class which is before mine. "I'll text you and we'll start planning, yeah? Do not say a word to anyone but the people invited! And make sure to let them know Christian doesn't know about it either," I say.

He nods at my instructions. "Got it." He holds up his hand for a high five and I give him one. "See ya," I say. He throws up a peace sign and walks into class and I fast walk to mine. I might be a minute late.

+

Christian has made it very clear to me all day how much he hates his birthday. I spammed his phone this morning with a bunch of happy birthday text messages in which he only replied with a simple. Thanks. Then I told him I was coming over to celebrate and he quickly said he didn't want to do anything "crazy" today. For these past couple of days he's been telling me that he's not at all excited for his birthday and I told him that was fine.

I was excited for him. November 6th was a special day because that's when Christian Valdez was born.

It took a lot of convincing to let me take him anywhere today. He had practice from 3-5 and after that he showered. I begged him to let me take him out for ice cream, my treat of course, and he actually let me. It was just an excuse to get him out of the house though. Xander, Rhys, and Cgc would be getting everything ready for the little get together Xan and I planned.

It's almost eight thirty as we're getting off Chris's car. We made sure to tell everyone to park away from the townhouse so that he wouldn't see all the cars. The only cars in the driveway were the three of his bestfriends. He wasn't suspecting a thing. I interwine my arm with his as we walk up the driveway.

"We're watching the first Spiderman tonight right?" I smile. Ever since I dressed up as Black Widow for Halloween he's been curious about Marvel. He told me he wanted to watch the movies so that's what we've been doing these past couple of days. He started practicing again, but we agreed to still squeeze in Marvel marathons to his busier schedule.