First Sleepover.

Christian

We don't spend that much more time at the bar because as soon as we get back to the table, Nova spills her drink on Rhys's lap. On purpose.

I never knew what type of drunk she was, but she sure was feisty. She had been roasting me and my teammates any time she got. She sure does know how to hurt a mans ego.

"I'm gonna take her home." I tell the guys which they agree to. "Bye babe, don't give my man a hard time." Cgc says, pointing a finger at her. She furrows her brows and looks at me. Her curious face turns to happy in the span of three seconds. "Where are we going?" She asks excitingly.

I grin, playing along. "You'll see, follow me." I put my arm out and she links hers through it. She stands up from the booth a little too quickly as she stumbles a bit on her feet. Luckily, I'm able to save her from falling on her ass.

I follow her outside of the bar and she doesn't question it. Once I get to the car, I open the passengers side for her. "Ouuu, a road trip?" She places one foot on the side bar and turns back to look at me.

I smile. "You'll see." She grins, getting in. I close the door and jog to the drivers side. I start the car as soon as I get in. I start heading towards the school to take her home. It's not too far from here luckily. She looks like she's about to doze off.

"Hey, what's your dorm room number again?" I had completely forgotten already. Bad memory and all. She turns her head to look at me. "Valdez.." She trails. "Yeah?" She throws her head back a bit and hits it against the head of her seat.

"You aren't taking me home are you?" She lets out a small groan, closing her eyes shut. "You're drunk, babe. You need sleep." I pull into the school and start heading towards Pullman hall. That's the hall right? Fuck, I think so. "Fine, I guess I do," she slurs "234." She finally gives me my answer.

I park my car, "wait for me." I say, getting out of the car and jogging to the passengers side. I open the door and catch her drowsy attention. I give her my hand, which she takes and I help her out safely.

"There you go." I say, placing one arm around her slim waist. "The sky looks so pretty." She smiles, looking up as we walk towards the building. I can't help but smile. "It really is."

It takes a while to get her up the numerous of stairs that lead to her dorm. "Okay, give me your key." I say to her as she leans against the wall. She only hands me her purse. I look down at it, then back at her. "You trust me enough to look through your purse?"

She nods slightly. "I don't keep any secrets in there anyway." What's that supposed to mean? I zip it open and there's only a couple of things inside the small, black purse. I find the key almost immediately, handing it back to her. I stick the key into the lock and turn it.

It doesn't open. It's not like it's difficult to unlock a door, but the lock isn't budging. Just as I'm about to hit the door in frustration, it flings open.

Novalee jumps a bit and so do I. A shirtless dude fills up the doorway. "Valdez? What the fuck man, are you trying to break into my dorm?" A look of confusion extends across his features. Do I know him? He said my name, I probably do.

"Shit, no. Sorry man, my friend told me this was her room." I point to the drunk redhead behind me. Shirtless guy looks behind me to get a look at her. "She must be mistaken. This floor is for dudes only." He shrugs.

Figures.

"Oh alright, thanks, man. Sorry again." I smile awkwardly. He chuckles. "Don't worry about it, bro. Good luck this season." I thank him and say goodbye, he shuts the door. I turn around slowly to face Nova.