Chapter 53. Yearning Call

In two days, we arrived at the beast land along with me, Zero, Fauna, Kai, Urey, Raine, and Shiki. The area is mainly jungle with animals big and small. Fauna seems very excited. When she whistles, all the animals gather around her. They wouldn't go near me, Zero, Kai, and Shiki. I guess it's what they called animal instincts. Out of all the animals, Fauna got attached to a cute white fox the size of a squirrel.

Fauna: (blush) (excited) So cute...p-princess, is it alright if I keep him.

Zelphine: Sure, as long as it doesn't cause trouble when we get back home.

Fauna: (happy) Did you hear that, she said it's okay. Now let's see...(smile) I'll call you Fife. Hehe, let's get along well, alright Fife.

The white fox climbed on Fauna's shoulder and nuzzle her. It then got distracted and went to chase a butterfly. (Sigh) It must be nice to have a pet, but animals don't like demons because of our dark aura. Fauna is so lucky, animals must like her a lot. Hey wait a minute, I'm only half demon. I can just switch sides and then maybe the animals would like me too. I closed my eyes and switch from my demon side to angel. When I open my blue eyes, I called out to Fife.

Zelphi: Fife, come here.

Fife turned towards my direction and just stared at me. But instead of running towards me, it went and hid behind Fauna.

Zelphi: (disappointed) Darn, I though that would work.

Fauna: P-Princess, it's not that simple. Animals have sixth sense that can tell a person's true self.

After that, we start traveling again. For hours, we have been hearing a creature howling and it's only getting louder. After walking for awhile, we hear a voice.

Girl: Ahh!! Travelers, don't go that way!

We look around to see where the voice was coming from. Just then, a girl with a squirrel tail climb down a tree with a half eaten apple. She had short brown hair, brown eyes, and cute brown fluffy ears. Just then, another girl jump down a tree carrying a basket of apples. She had short black hair with purple flower clips. Her eyes are purple and she has fluffy black ears and a cute cat tail.

Black cat girl: Hm..travelers, want a apple?

Girl: Wait Ume, we're gathering these for the Fenrir.

A third girl jump down from the trees. She had long silver hair and blue eyes. Her fluffy ears are white and she has a fox tail.

Fauna: (excited) So cute...

Fauna went over to them and began to pet the three animal girls.

Squirrel girl: Hey! Don't touch-Ohhh...

Black cat girl: (purring)

White fox girl: Haa...

Then later on, Fauna was playing with the three animal eared girls. I guess she doesn't get nervous around animal people.

Kai: Whoa! Animal eared children! How cute!

Kai also got excited seeing children. He tried to pet them but they would not let him.

Fauna: W-What are your names?

Squirrel girl: I'm Ringo! (Apple)

Black cat girl: Ume. (Plum)

White fox girl: My name is Momo. (Peach)

Unbelievable, their names literally means apple, plum, and peach. But what they said earlier got me curious.