Chapter 18. Stolen Ice Princess

One week later

It has been one week since Sheele traveled with us, she knows the land well and is able to guide us on our journey. I find that very reassuring but Sloth finds it a great annoyance. Occasionally, Sloth and Sheele will fight over the smallest thing and it is getting really tiresome.

Sheele guided us to many amazing places. I was able to see many snow creatures and views that I would never see in the demon land. I also collect lots of stones and put them in the bag that Soren gave me. He was right, that bag could hold lots of stuff and I can barely feel the weight of it.

As I was traveling, I saw a snow woman with white hair talking to herself in distress.!!! Now that I take a closer look, her chest are huge! I looked down on my chest, then at Sheele's. (Sigh) mine doesn't even begin to compare. Maybe I'm not finish growing yet? As we got closer to her, we could hear her panicking.

Snow woman: Oh what should I do? With the princess captured, who knows what the ice queen will do to me. Ahh! Will she permafrost me?? Ahh! I don't want to become a living ice sculptor!!

Zelphine: What's the matter?

The snow woman turned around and looked at us....shoot, it's even bigger up close.

Snow woman: A foreigner?

Zelphine: I'm asking what's wrong.

The snow woman blinked at us several times, then there was a happy expression on her face.

Snow woman: I know what I should do!

The snow woman smiled at us and put her hands together.

Snow woman: Please, please help me save the princess.

Zelphine: What?

Snow woman: You'll do it! Okay! Let's go see the queen.

The snow woman grabbed my arm and dragged me away, Sloth and Sheele ran behind us. Then there was a thick blizzard surrounding me and I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes again, the first thing I saw was a beautiful ice castle.

Snow woman: We're here! Welcome to the ice queen's castle foreigners, and thank you for accepting my request.

She began to drag my arm, Sloth and Sheele walks behind me, why aren't they helping???
I then yank my arm away from the snow woman.

Zelphine: Hey! What's your problem, I didn't even say anything yet.

Snow woman: Oh! Pardon my late introduction. I am Yuzuna I serve the ice queen.

Zelphine: I didn't mean that! You suddenly just dragged a stranger into a unknown place, what's that all about.

Yuzuna: Oh...

Yuzuna then bows her head.

Yuzuna: I'm so sorry! But still, please help me.

Zelphine: Again, what's the matter.

That's the third time I said it, she had better respond.

Yuzuna: Well...you see, the ice princess has been kidnapped by the frost king and..

Zelphine: and...

Yuzuna: And I want you foreigners to save her.

Zelphine: Why don't you just go save her yourself.

Yuzuna: Certainly not! If the ice queen finds out, she'll execute me. But I can use you foreigners as an excuse to go rescue the princess. That way, maybe I have a chance of not facing the ice queen's wrath.

Zelphine: Sorry...saving a princess, that sounds very dangerous.

I began to walk away from the castle, Sloth and Sheele followed behind me.

Yuzuna: Ah! Wait! Please help!

I ignored her plead and continued to walk.

Yuzuna: I'm sure there is a reward from the ice queen.

I suddenly stopped and turned around.

Zelphine: What kind of reward?

Yuzuna: I don't know, but I do know it will be something good. Our princess is precious to us, the ice queen will do anything to retrieve her.

Zelphine: Hm...Sloth, Sheele, what do you guys think?

Sloth: It's your decision.

Sheele nodded her head. What could the reward be? Maybe I'll try my luck on this, besides, the thrill of fun comes with a little danger.

Zelphine: (evil smile) Okay then, lead the way.

Yuzuna looks at me nervously.

Yuzuna: Okay then.

Yuzuna leads us through the crystal color rooms. The castle is very pretty, and cold. I much rather prefer my gothic, cozy castle, at least it's warm there. Then, she leads us to a door in the shape of a snow flake, I'm guessing behind the door is the throne room. Yuzuna takes a deep breath and opens the door.

What I saw, was a beautiful girl with a blue ribbon on her head sitting in the icy throne chair. She had six icicles sticking out from her back and twelve white knights positioned around the room. One of the white knight stomp the flat part of his spear into the ground.

White knight: Bow before the ice queen.

Yuzuna bowed. I just stayed in place, Sloth and Sheele did the same. Just then, all twelve knights pointed their spears towards us. The ice queen motions her hand up.

Ice queen: Wait. Girl, why do you not bow to me?

Zelphine: The reaper king does not bow to anyone, especially not to a queen.

Both the ice queen and Yuzuna were shocked.

Ice Queen: Oh my, why is the reaper king all they way up north in my kingdom?

Zelphine: Traveling, I can't stand the work I had to do.

Ice queen: Is that so...it is our responsibility however.

The ice queen then looks at Sloth and Sheele

Ice queen: Why do you guys not bow to me then?

Sloth: I only bow to the hime, no one else.

Sheele nodded her head.

Ice queen: So, why have you come to my castle?

Yuzuna: Um...actually...

Yuzuna explains to the ice queen how the ice princess was captured by the frost king.

Ice queen: (sigh) Honestly Yuzuna, what are you good for. I told you to watch the princess!

Yuzuna: Ahh!!! I'm sorryyy!

Ice queen: But, since you did recruit the reaper king to help us, I won't execute you.

Yuzuna: Huh? Really? You won't.

Ice queen: I thank you for accepting this quest. It will be hard, but I will pray for your success.

Zelphine: What's the reward?

Ice queen: Reward?

Yuzuna looks down on the ground.

Ice queen: Hmm... How about anything in this land that is within my power.

I smiled at her, it was a evil smile full of mischief.

Zelphine: Okay then. But remember, you were the one who said it.