Chapter 28. New Journey East

Hilda: What?! Y-you were able to contract her!!!

Zelphine: Yup, it was easier than I expected. (Even if it's for a day, I am really glad that I met Layhel when I was younger. If I didn't, I would've had to contract her the hard way or die trying)

Hilda: Still, why did you rip up Layhel's contract? Now she is not bound to you and that means she won't do whatever you say.

Zelphine: She doesn't need to. I invited her as a friend.

Hilda: Friend?....hehe..You must be joking. Layhel doesn't makes friends with anyone, she dislikes them and distance herself from people. But if that's true, why did Layhel join you?

Layhel: Headmaster, you are right. There is no one in this world I can call my friend...no one except Zelphi. She is the only one I can truly call my friend...Yes, my one and only friend in this lifetime. For my only friend, I would do everything and anything just for her.

Zelphine: (Everything...she sounds more like a maid than a friend. But I'm still glad to have her as a friend...and a maid)

In the morning, we traveled back to my castle in the soul kingdom. While we were traveling for two days, I told Layhel everything that has happen to me in the past. All she said was."I'll always be your friend no matter what. I don't care who you are but as long as I can be besides you and help you along the way, then I'm happy." Her words pretty much speaks for itself.

After two days of traveling, I could finally see my castle in view. As we got closer towards it, there was a familiar white hair kid running towards me. She had on a blue pendant.

Urey: Zelphiniiii!!!!!

Urey jumped on me and held onto me tightly. When she did, I finally remember that Urey still has on that frost layer that can freeze people.

Zelphine: Ah! Urey let go!!

I suddenly panic and forced Urey off me but she grip me tightly and wouldn't let go. It has been a few seconds since Urey held onto me, but I wasn't turning into ice.

Urey: Wat's da mat ter Zelphini?

Zelphine: Huh? Why am I not turning into ice?

Urey: Soen made dis.

Urey held out the light blue amulet she was wearing. It shined like a crystal in the sunlight.

Zelphine: Wow...it's amazing what Soren can do. I wonder if Khione can control her powers now?

Once I arrived at the castles gates, everyone was standing at the front to greet me.

Kuon: I see you've made it back in one peace, so who's the maid.

Zelphine: Everyone, this is Layhel. She is my friend so get along with her.

Everyone said their greetings to her but Layhel did not respond and ignores all of them.

Kuon: (...why isn't she saying hello?)

Kai: So what kind of maid did you get?

Zelphine: (smile) Only the best of the best. She's the strongest first class there is.

Kai: What! And you were able to defeat her!!

Zelphine: Well...I actually didn't beat her. We were friends in the past.

I told everyone what Layhel told me.

Kuon: (They only know each other for one day in the past. Their not friends, their complete strangers!)