Chapter 25. Return Home at Twilight

Urey is happily humming while she walks through the dark green forest, we all followed behind her. Since Sheele, Khione, and Urey aren't use to warm weathers, they put on a special layer of aura around themselves. This layer helps them keep cool and prevent them from heating up. It is transparent so no one will notice a thing until someone actually touches them. When a person touches them while they have this special layer on, they will be in for a big surprise.

Khione: Huh...so this is what the demon land is like. It is dark, but still beautiful.

Zelphine: Hm...you think so? It looks ordinary to me.

Urey: Ney, Zelphini. Wat ish dat?

Urey pointed to a tree.

Zelphine: Urey, That is a tree.

Urey: No ish naut. Twees ar naut gween.

(Sigh) I'm not even going to try to explain this to her.

It has been at least three and a half months since I left the castle and I guess I'm starting to miss the guys at home......Not! The reason why I decided to go back now is because I couldn't bear the coldness up north. Besides, Soren and the others will complain if I'm gone too long.
During our one week travel, we past through the kingdom of shadows, then the kingdom of night.
After passing through those two kingdoms, we finally arrived at the kingdom of Souls. We could all see my castle from afar. It was a gothic castle made of marble, it's key features are the colorful stain glass windows.

Khione: (excited) Is it over there?

Urey: Thare! Thare! I shee et.

Sheele:.....(exited).......

As we walk towards the castle, Urey started to run.

Zelphine: Urey, wait! Not so fast, you might get lost!

We all ran after her. Once we arrived at the gates of my castle, Soren and the others are already waiting for us there.

Zelphine: You guys...how did you know we were coming?

Yuri: It's not surprising, Kuon spends most of his time up at the roof so he can see when you'll return home.

Kuon: I told you already! I was up there to take a nap and keep a lookout for suspicious people!

Kai: Either way, We're glad that you're finally back Princess!

Just then, Kai notice Khione and Urey behind me. When he sees them, his face lit up.

Kai:(smiling) Oh, and who are these two kids!

Kai went towards Urey and Khione....I feel like I'm forgetting something....oh yeah!

Zelphine: Kai wait! Don't touch them!

But it was too late, Kai put both hands on Urey and Khione's hands and immediately, his hands turned into ice. Even the touch from Urey's hands. Shoot...I almost forgot that Kai likes childrens, but don't you think touching a random child you don't know is just...weird. It would be creepy if a stranger did that to me from nowhere. Is Kai a creep?

Kai: Hhhooo myy....I-is this how c-childrens from the north g-greet people.

Soren: Hmm...It's not a greeting. They have a special frost layer to protect them from the heat. If any warm-blooded creature touches them, they will immediately freeze to their temperature.

Zelphine: (smile) Yep. You're as smart as ever Soren.

Soren: Anyway (frowns) I let you travel for three and a half months and you only brought back three people?