Chapter 58. Crows of Misfortune

Zelphi: Inami, how much longer? It's been three days since we started.

Inami: I dunno? I'm just following the scent.We've been going south for quite awhile now. I think our deities are located somewhere in these mountains. But anyway, can we take a break? I'm hungry!!

Zelphi: (surprised) But you just ate two hours ago!

Inami: (whining) I didn't have enough to eat.

Zelphi: I think six large pieces of chicken is plenty.

Inami: (stomach Grumbling loudly)!!!!!

Zelphi:......(sigh) Fine...

Inami: (happy) Aha! Yayy!! Wait here while I go catch a deer!

Man...for someone so small, she sure eats a lot. But I think it's because she uses her energy way too quickly. Earlier on, we were attacked by wild boars and Inami attacked them with her super strength. She is also super strong for someone so small. Her punches and kicks can send even a elephant flying. I'm starting to think that all the power she has is supplied by all the food she eats. It actually makes sense.

While we were resting and waiting for Inami to finish her meal, I notice dozens of crows coming near us. One by one, they all perched on the trees that surround us. They were all staring at us with their beady eyes until I notice something in their eye. I should've know, these crows have Zephiel's mark and is being controlled.

Kai: Hey...I'm getting kinda uncomfortable here. I heard that if a crow flys over your head, then it's bad luck.

Zelphi: Don't be superstitious Kai. Besides, it's only bad luck when it flies over your head at night. But still, I do have a bad feeling about this.

One of the crow went,"Caw", then another went "Caw" then another, and another until all the crows around us are squawking for no reason.

Zelphi: (Covers ears) Ahh...their so loud! Any idea what their saying??

Inami: Sorry, can't help you there. I only know canine.

Aru: Rauf! (Me too!)

Ryujin: Crows are always a mystery to me, I don't know much about them.

Aoi: Me and Ena can transform into crows but we can't speak it!

Ena: (nodded head)

Fauna: Huh? What's that? Caw Caw...

Zelphi: Fauna, you can understand them? Well what did they say?

Fauna: T-They said "Caw caw", Um...I-I think it's short for the word shiny.

Zelphi: Shiny? Why would they say that.

Fauna: I-I heard that crows l-like to pick up shiny objects to decorate t-their nest.

Zelphi: Yeah but why are th-

Just then all the crows flew towards us and scratched us with their talons. One of them got ahold of my bag and the dragon stone dropped out of it. When the crows saw the shiny stone, they all dive towards it. But before any of them reach it, a crow with a white tip feather snatches it away and heads towards the sky along with all the other crows following it.

Ryujin: !! Seiryuu's stone!!

All of the crows chased the one holding the dragon stone but then there was a sudden gust if wind. The wind blew most of the crows towards our direction. Then a giant bird cage appeared and one by one, the wind tossed most of the crow into the cage and locked it. Towards the direction of the cage, I saw two guys and one girl with black wings.