Chapter 38. New Forest Companions

The next day, King Lucas apologizes to everyone. Naturally they didn't forgive him but he is determined to win back their trust. After that, they began to repair the forest. Since they are busy repairing, I won't be able to enjoy my travels. So I decided to return back home once everyone is finish healing. (Sigh) It's only been 2 weeks and a half. I wonder how everyone is doing?

The next day, I finally remember my objective of coming to the forest land. I still need to recruit people to come with me. As I thought of this, Thea passed by. When. I saw her, An idea came to my mind and I asked if she wants to come along.

Zelphine: So what do you say?

Thea: Well...I guess it's fine, I do want to see what types of plants are in the demon land. But it will only be temporarily.

I then went to ask Shion if he wanted to come with me. Since Shion doesn't have a living relative in the Forest land, he decided to come along. He also said that he was interested in the other lands. I asked Fern if she wanted to come but she said she was already serving Queen Leanne, Lilly said the same thing too. I tried to look for Fauna but she was nowhere to be seen.

I couldn't ask anyone else because I am running away from the glasses girl right now. She must have a lot of guts to be chasing me. I can't act hostile towards her or else people will view it as a threat and I'll be chased out of their kingdom. I'm an outsider, some of the forest spirits are still uneasy of travelers, especially demons.

As I wasn't looking where I was going, I suddenly heard a scream below me.

Clover: AHHH!! STOP!!!

I almost stepped on the green clover fairy that was on the ground but before I did, I moved out the way.

Zelphine: Sorry, I didn't see you there since you're really short.

Clover: Hey! Fairies aren't short! We're just small.

Clover flew in front of my face and gave me a pouting face. Just then, a rose fairy flew towards us in confusion.

Rosalie: What is with this noise?

Clover: Rosy! You're here!! The reaper king is mean! She almost stepped on me and even called me short!

Rosalie: But isn't that true? We're small so people often don't see us. Besides, you're shorter than most fairies.

Clover: What?! But..

Rosalie: Just let it go, I'm sure the reaper king doesn't mean it.

Clover just pouts and turns away.

Rosalie: Don't worry about it Miss Princess, this has happened in the past in more than one occasions. Now, I don't think we have introduced ourselves. My name is Rosalie and this is Clover. We're fairies that serve the Fairy Queen Titania.

Zelphine: Really? I thought you were with the Flower Queen and Clover was with the Evergreen Queen.

Rosalie: Yes, we are. Fairies act as guides for the other kingdom. But ultimately, we obey Queen Titania. She's not present at the moment but we have to do our jobs as fairies and guide all the magical creatures now.

With that, they left and finally, three days later, we were all ready to go.

Queen Leanne: Do you have to go so soon, I must repay you for your help.

Zelphine: I think all the medicinal plants and flowers you gave me are good enough. Besides, I'll be back once you restore the forest.

Queen Leanne: Have a safe journey then, I'll be waiting for you to visit again.

We said our goodbyes and left. After walking for awhile, I felt a chill that ran down my spine.

Glasses Girl: Fufu, where does the subject thinks she's going this time.

Zelphine: Huh? You again, why are you here?

Glasses girl: In order to analyze the subject, it's a requirement to follow it.

Zelphine:...Meaning you want to come along.

She pushes her glasses up.

Glasses girl: Precisely.

Zelphine:...Go back, I do not want someone to stalk me all day.

Glasses girl: Hm..perhaps I must rephrase that.

The glasses girl then kneels down.

Glasses girl: King of Reapers, I am called Cosmo and I will be serving you as a noble.

Zelphine: (suspicious) Did you say that just so you can follow me and study me as your test subject?

Cosmo smirks and pushes up her glasses again.

Cosmo: Fufu, Perhaps. I did say that I pursue my subjects with unwavering resolution. I do not mind serving you as long as you'll lend me a strand of your hair from time to time. So, (smiles) Do we have a deal.

Zelphine:...I bet that even if I decline, you'll just follow me home and do it anyway.

Cosmo: Fufu, your conclusion is correct.

Zelphine: (sigh) Oh well, I guess you can come along but on one condition.

Cosmo: What are the terms.

Zelphine: Don't experiment with me.

Cosmo: Hm...................It cannot be done. I must thoroughly conduct my experiments to understand the unknowns of a reaper.

Zelphine: Reapers? Then...is it alright if it is a reaper besides me.

Cosmo: As long as the subject is interesting, then I guess I'll make an exception.

Zelphine: Then...I guess you can experiment with a reapers back at my castle. He is uh...unusual. Yeah! He has a unusual personality!

Cosmo: (push up glasses) (interested) Fufu, I can't wait to meet him.

Zelphine: (....Sorry Kai. It's survival to the fittest)

Kuon: (whispering) That was cruel.

Zelphine: (whispering) Hey, she's been stalking me ever since I arrived at the flower castle. I had to run for hours before I shake her off my tail. Besides, she would appear out of nowhere and pluck one of my hair and I find that very distur-

Just then, we heard rustling leaves from behind a tree. When we look towards the direction of the noise, we saw Fauna hiding behind the tree.

Zelphine: Huh? What're you doing here Fauna?

Fauna: I u-um....

She starts twiddling he fingers.

Fauna: I-Is it a-alright if I c-come a-along.

Zelphine: What? You want to come along?

Fauna: T-There's a place I-I want to g-go to. I-I h-heard that there are animal p-people in t-the Beast Land. I w-was wondering i-if y-you um..(mumbling)

Zelphine: (smiles) If you're willing to join me, then I wouldn't mind taking you anywhere.

Fauna smiled and nodded her head.

Zelphine: (smiles) I welcome you then.