Chapter 66. The Crimson Knights

Guided by Soren, we travel to the Dark kingdom to find a wizard named Merlin. Even though everyone in the magic land despised "the branded", I just don't understand why Soren is helping them. But if he didn't, then the magic land would've been overrun by the creatures of the abyss.

Zelphine: Hey...Soren.

Soren: What is it?

Zelphine: Can I ask you a question?

Soren: I'm listening.

Zelphine: Well...what if..

Soren: What if what?

Zelphine: What if Zephiel was..um, let's say the inner him is good and the outer him is evil.

Soren: What about it?

Zelphine: Well, is it possible to seal the evil side away while not sealing away the good side of him?

Soren: (confused) What is this about? Why do you want to know?

Zelphine: Hey! I said what if! I'm just curious, that's all. So is it possible?

Soren: I'll be honest, I don't know. Magic and sorcery is a very complicated thing. Base on my knowledge so far, there hasn't been anything written about what you described. But that doesn't mean it's not out there. There had been spells where you can seal the demon side of a half demon and human so they can fully become human. I believe you also had a seal placed on you before. That amulet you used to wear sealed away your demon side so you can become a full angel. Of course, there were also conditions set and it seems that you didn't meet the requirements.

Zelphine: That right...that amulet I had. Papa said that if I didn't kill anyone before my 16th birthday or break that amulet, then I would become a full angel. But I killed someone before I was 16 and became half demon. After breaking that amulet, it was full. But I now can switch between my angel and demon sides.

Even with all our talk, in the end, Soren doesn't know. What now? How am I going to seal Zephiel away without sealing Zero away as well? As I thought of this, we saw a red shining light beaming in the air. It wasn't far from where we are.

Zelphine: Hey, what is that?

Soren: It's one of the barriers we set up to prevent the creatures of the abyss from coming out the portal. There are at least two more portals sealed by a barrier. The fire tribe should be able to keep that barrier under control until we find Merlin...probably.

Zelphine: Is it alright if we go check it out?

Soren: Yes, that would be best.

We followed to the origins of the red light. As we got closer, four Mage knights dressed in red blocked our path. The girl with long pink hair stepped towards us. She had blue eyes and wields a long phoenix sword.

Phoenix sword girl: Halt! Travelers! You are approaching a dangerous area, turn back at once!

Just then, another girl with pink color hair spoke. She was shorter and look similar to the girl with the Phoenix blade. She was also carrying 4 katanas.

4 katana girl: Big sister...those aren't travelers. I recognize that man with the diamond, he is a branded.

When the girl said that, the other two readied their swords and the phoenix sword girl points her blade at Soren.

Phoenix sword girl: (coldly) State your business for coming here branded one.

Soren: I'm just here to check on the situation of the portal. Solomon has asked me to seal it however I must find Merlin first...Just so you know, I have no intentions of releasing the barrier and letting those creatures out.

As if he had read her mind, the Phoenix sword girl sheathed her sword and lighten her expression.

Phoenix sword girl: Oh! That's good! I thought for a minute there that you would break the barrier. I heard from King Solomon that a branded will held us seal the portal. For now, why don't we go check on that barrier. And also, I'm Aria, leader of the crimson knights. This is my sister, Beni. Since she has the same name as the crimson princess, we all call her Benihime.

Beni: Ah..hi...

Aria: This is Flare and that man is named Akatsuki.

The girl with brown color hair and red eyes waved at us. She had two black swords with chains at the end that attaches to her ankle.

Flare: Hi there..

The man with the red samurai armor glared at Soren. He had black hair and red dagger like eyes. It seems that he isn't that friendly to Soren.

Aria: Tsuki, c'mon say hello.

Akatsuki: (turns away) Hi

After that, we went towards where the portal was. When we got there, we saw 8 mages holding up a staff while chanting. The portal was about 8 meters in diameter. There was a red projectile light keeping the black creatures inside from coming out. Just then, one of the mage seems like she was having trouble holding up the barrier. She had red hair, red eyes, and was chanting with a ruby color staff.

Ruby girl: A-ah! C-captain, I'm at my limits..please switch us now. My magic is running low..

Aria: Thanks for the hard word Ruby. Alright, let the next eight mages stand in position! We'll deal with the monsters.

Zelphine: What are you doing?

Aria: Resealing the barrier. Our mages are exhausted so we need to switch to the next eight. But during that time, the barrier will be released and our job is to prevent the monsters from coming out. I suggest you stand back, this will only take awhile.

On her command, the 8 new mages and 4 Mage knights stand into position.

Aria: On my mark...set...NOW!!

The 8 mages that were chanting broke away and the barrier collapses causing the black monsters to flood out. The 4 mage knights charged forward and kept them at bay. Aria grips her sword and flames spouted from the blade. She then attack them and drives them back into the portal. Beni was doing the same thing. She unsheathes two of her katanas and throws them into the air and grabs two others. With blinding accuracy and precision, she attacks them then throws the two katanas into the air and catches the other two and repeated the pattern. It's like using 4 swords at the same time.

Flare severed the monsters with her dual blade. She then drops her sword and kicks them with her legs. Since there's a chain that connects the sword to her foot. The sword follows the direction if her kick and stabs the black creatures. Akatsuki was pretty strong too. Whatever he cuts with his blade burst into flames. The 4 crimson knight warriors drove the creatures of the abyss back into the portal and the 8 mages sealed it with a barrier.

Aria: Phew..that should take care if it. We'll switch again in the next 8 hours. Don't slack off now! Okay Mr. Branded, we have everything under control here. Just hurry up and find that other branded guy and help us seal this thing.

Soren: Then we'll be on our way now.

After that, we left the fire kingdom and made our way to the dark kingdom.