Chapter 77. Resentment from the Past

The night kingdom is a place of internal darkness. It is always nighttime and no daylight has ever shined in that kingdom. Since vampires and most demons are weak against the sun, the night kingdom is also the place where most demons inhabit.

In the night, Luciano leads his companions towards the demon lord's castle. While they are traveling, Yuri ran up towards him.

Yuri: Lord Luciano...is everything alright? You look pale.

Luciano: (sigh) I'm okay little Yuri. I'm just trying to get used to my body again. It's been ages since I was like this.

Yuri: True...the last time you were in your original form was 100 years ago.

Luciano: Oh that's right, you were just a little boy back then, weren't you. My, look how big you've grown.

Yuri: (smiles) Lord Luciano, I stopped growing when I was 20. I looked the same for about 80 years already.

Luciano: Is that so...Man, time flies by fast, doesn't it?

Yuri: No..it's only because you've been asleep for 100 years.

Luciano: You think so?

The group continued to travel for about half a day. Finally, Luciano stops them to take a break.

Luciano: Alright, we'll stop here for now so rest up while you can.

Kuon: What are you talking about?! We need to get there as soon as possible!

Luciano: It will do us no good if we are exhausted once we're there. The child of Nosferatu is expecting us to come. If we march into their castle like this, we will be nothing but sitting ducks do you hear me?!

Kuon: But still..What if Zelphi is already-

Luciano: Don't worry..I can assure you that she is not married to him yet. They usually hold their ceremonies during the full moon and that's in about three days. No need to worry.

After that, everyone rested in the forest of the night kingdom. It was always dark but there were lanterns scattered in the trees and the stars light up the sky. They made a fire and everyone gathered near it for warmth..well, everyone besides the people from the arctic land.

Soren: Milord..I've been curious. It seems you've had some history with the vampire king.

Luciano: Hm..Not with the child of Nosferatu but Nosferatu himself.

Soren: I see..so you've met the previous vampire king and not the current.

Luciano: That's right, after all...Nosferatu wanted to marry Asura.

Yuri: Lady Asura...if I remembered correctly, she was Lord Luciano's wife.

Kai: What?! Really? And the previous vampire king wanted to marry her?!

Luciano: (proud smile) Yeah, good thing I married her before he did. But man..he was persistent even when we were already wed.

Soren: Interesting...I believe there is more to the story. Will you tell us more?

Luciano: Hey hey, you can't just ask about a man's personal life. It's not proper.

Soren: Proper or not, it's related to the vampire king. Knowing your story might help us greatly...you do know something, don't you?

Luciano: Well...

Merlin: (deadpan) By the way...did you know? A vampire wedding is usually called a sacrificial ritual. Why you ask? It's simple, the groom is to drink the brides blood completely.