Chapter 60. Rise of Ragnarok

Kaguya: It seems that a rat has made it's way to my secret.

Startled by the noise, we all turned around and saw princess Kaguya flying above us.

Ryujin: Villian! Where is Seiryuu!

Kaguya: (evily) Hold your tongue little dragon, their lives are in my hands now!

Ryujin: (glares).....

Zelphine: Hm..so it was you all along. I am quite curious, why did you kidnapped the 4 kings anyway?

Kaguya: It's not about why, this is Zephiel's will.

Kaguya tucked the white strand of hair that was covering her right eye behind her ear. When she did, I saw the mark of Zephiel on her right eye. It was a black color tattoo overshadowing her crimson color eyes.

Kaguya: (creepy smile) Zephiel has blessed me with a new power, I wouldn't be able to capture the 4 sacred beast if it weren't for him.

Ryujin: Impossible! They are said to be the strongest in the land, how is it that you manage to bring them down?!

Kaguya: Don't misunderstand, they were strong. With their sacred weapons, I stood no chance. But who said I was going to fighting them?

Ryujin: ??

Kaguya: It's simple really. All I did was grabbed a few hostages and threaten to kill them if they don't yield to me.

Inami: Hey! That's a dirty trick!

Ryujin: (serious) Where did you hide Seiryuu...

Ryujin is seriously glaring a Kaguya with a wild look in his eyes. There's a blue aura floating around him that shows his impatience.

Kaguya: (smiling evily) Hehehe, don't be so stiff. Here, I'll let you have your reunion.

Kaguya flew over to a small cage located at the center of the basement. She then removed the talisman on it.

Inami: Huh? Sniff* sniff* Ah! Hey! I smell Suzaku, Seiryuu, Byakko, and Genbu up there!

Zelphine: What? But why is it that you smell them just now?

Kaguya: (waving the talisman) Hehehe, see this talisman. It's a very rare magic item that allows me to erase any traces to an object that it's placed on. Isn't it fabulous?

Zelphine: I see, no wonder we had a hard time finding them...Huh? Ena, what's wrong?

Ena:...The sacred beast...they've gotten smaller.

I squinted at the direction of the cage. Inside, I could see 4 small creatures. They were all lying on their backs lifelessly. There was a white tiger with black patterned stripes. A vermillion color bird with long crimson feathers. A black turtle with a snake attached to its tail. And finally a blue dragon with turquoise colored horns. All 4 of them were no bigger than a foot.

Ryujin: (angry) You..what did you do to them!

Kaguya: Oh calm down, I just used their life energy to raised a few eggs.

Zelphine: Eggs?

Kaguya: They are the giant shelled ones you see all around you. I nurtured them for quite awhile now, it should be about time to hatch them.

Zelphine: And what's going to happen when they do hatch?

Kaguya: Hehehehe!! (Dark expression) I'll destroy this world in Zephiel's place.