Chapter 75. The Demon Lord's Proposal

With Zero and Sloth, I traveled to the demon lord's castle located in the night kingdom. The current Demon Lord is Pandemonium who is also the Vampire King. He has summoned me to his castle and since The Lord holds more power than the king, I couldn't refuse his request. With that aside, I wonder why The demon lord call me to his castle and also, why is grandpa so against it?

Once we arrived at the night kingdom, we saw dead bodies scattered everywhere. It putted a really rotten stench in the air.

Zelphine: Whoa..(covers nose) What happened here?

Sloth: ..It's the aftermath from the rampage.

Zelphine: You mean the demons?

Sloth: (nods head)

As you know, after the last red moon, the demons in this land began to go on a rampage. They were influenced by none other than Zephiel. The red moon signifies destruction and the only way to get influenced by it is if you have sin in your heart. Things like greed, jealousy, and revenge makes you an easy target for Zephiel to take over. So yeah, for demons...they're all about sin and only strong hearted ones can keep their sanity.

Just then we heard a roar accompanied by children laughing. We then went towards the direction of the noise and saw two children toying with a large rampaging demon 10 times their size. The two kids were twin boys who had grey hair. The kid who was laughing had green eyes while the other had gold. They were both attacking the demon with identical daggers and it seems like they are having fun.

Green-eye twin: (happily) Hahaha! Tag! You're it! Akuro, your turn!

The green-eye boy stabs the demon in a cheery expression and beckons his brother to go next.

Gold-eye twin: (emotionlessly) Tag...

The gold-eye boy stabs the demon with a monotone expression and waits for his brother to go next. They repeated this cycle 13 times before the rampaging demon stops moving.

Green-eye twin: (happily) Yay brother! We won!! We won!!

Gold-eye twin: (smirks) That was fun...

Just then they spotted us.

Green-eye twin: Look brother! We have three more people to play with!

Gold-eye twin: Well then..what's the next game.

Green-eye twin: Um...Oh! Oh! I wanna play Red light Green light! Ready? Greenl-!!

Zelphine: Whoa! Whoa! Stop! We don't have time to play with you!

Just then the twins stopped with a disappointed expression.

Green-eye twin: Aww C'mon, just one game! We'll make it quick!

Zelphine: Sorry, I gotta go to the Demon Lord's castle.

Green-eye twin: Reallly?! Then you must be the princess our master was talking about! Nice to meet ya, I'm Aruto!

The boy name Aruto cheerfully extended his hand for a handshake. His hands were covered in blood and I really didn't want to shake it. His brother who was licking the blood off his fingers spoke.

Gold-eye twin: Aruto...wipe off the blood, you'll stain her hands.

Aruto: (cheerfully) Oh! Sorry about that!

Aruto began to lick the blood on his hands with a smiling face.

Gold-eye twin: Anyway, I'm Akuro and if you haven't notice, we're twins.