Chapter 20. Truth of the Ice and Frost

After three days of traveling, we finally reached the Frost king's castle. The air here is much colder than it is in the ice queen's castle. Just then, the frost castle's gate opens with a icy wind blowing out from it. Then, a blue girl with a snowflake ornament in her hair walked out with tons of frost soldiers behind her. She smiles at us coldly.

Blue girl: (evil smile) You must be here to retrieve that princess, aren't you. That won't happen because King Azure tells me to get rid of whoever comes to take her back.(blushes) Ahh...my king, I wonder if you'll praise me once I kill these people (angry) But that girl! Why does she get all the attention from my king!!!

Everyone:......

The blue snow woman began to talk on and on about the frost king and ice princess. The soldiers behind her were annoyed as if she talks like this all the time. Whenever she mentions the Frost King, she would blush and whenever she mentioned the ice princess, she would get angry.

Sloth: (whispering) Hime, we should attack while they're distracted.

Zelphine: (whispering) Good idea. We should start b-

Just then, Urey pulled my sleeve.

Urey: Ney, Zephini, wat's dat old layti shaying?

......(sigh) There goes our surprise attack.

Blue girl: W-Wha! How dare you!!! I'm not even two hundred yet!

The blue girl took a deep breath, when she exhaled out. A wave of freezing wind blew towards us.
We all got out the way but Urey stood in place panicking and not knowing what to do.

Zelphine: Urey! Run!

But it was too late. The icy wind hit Urey freezing her in place.

Zelphine: Urey!

Yuzuna: Don't worry, I think Urey's okay. Don't forget, she's also a snow spirit so the snow and cold shouldn't affect her.

Just then, the ice on Urey began to crack. Then it burst and Urey was free.

Urey: Hay!!! Wat wus dat for old layti?!

Blue girl: What? How were you able to break the ice!?

Urey: Grr! Now Im angary!!!

Urey putted both hands in the air. Then a snowflake circle appeared above the blue girl and soldiers.

Urey: Yuki-chan!

Urey flung both hands down with great force and a giant snowman fell out of the circle.
The blue girl and most soldiers got away from the falling snowman. But some of the soldiers didn't have time to move and was crushed by the giant snowman.

Zelphine: Now!

At my signal, we charged into the castle. Yuzuna was able to create and control many ice shards to pelt the enemies with. Sheele formed sharp icicles in her katana then throws it at the enemy. Sloth moves swiftly and silently as he attacks one enemy after another. Urey was now throwing dozens of hard snow balls at everyone in sight. Urey may be a little slow and dense on everything she does, but I admit, she is strong when it comes to fighting. While everyone was busy distracting the enemy, I ran through the gate, but then the blue girl blocked my path.

Blue girl: Where are you going!

Yuzuna then shot dozens of ice shards at the blue girl. The blue girl jumped and got out of my way.

Yuzuna: Go and rescue the princess, I'll handle her.

Zelphine: I'll be going then.