| 46 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

Start from the beginning

He began to push me back, and I just lay back now. To see him so comfortable made me feel kind of better. I still was debating on if I wanted to feign my comfort. It didn't seem possible because my facial expressions always gave me away.

"It's okay baby." He murmurs to me, and I nod. "I'm here, nothing will happen to you or the baby."

"I k-know, but I feel weird... Maybe I s-shouldn't have come."

"We can still walk out, that simple." Travis smiles.

"Please don't." The doctor chuckles, walking towards me with gel. "I insist, I will do it. This will be a new kind of ultrasound to take over. I've never done a male patient, so please let me do this."

I see Travis look a little off-putted by his words, but he nods slowly.

He wiggles his fingers upon me, and I smile.

"Would you like to put the gel on, or me?" He raises his eyebrow, and I nod at him. "Don't mind if I do."

I pull my shirt up, and that causes him to take the gel onto his hand. He starts to rub it on and I try not to laugh. It kind of tickled as he rubbed it kind of slowly.

I could tell he noticed as he smiled at me.

"Does it tickle?"

"Yeah." I blush, and he just chuckles at my shyness. I kind of liked it as he finishes, just grinning down at me lovingly. "That f-felt nice, it just t-tickled."

"We should get some and you put it on my stomach. I want to feel." He teases, making me snicker at how silly he was. I appreciated him trying to help me feel better...I really do.

I see the doctor come towards me with some stick, and he nods over at the large screen. Found myself scared out of nowhere as I move out of the way of the stick, causing him to frown.

"Mimi it won't hurt the baby-."

"I-I know! I'm just...nervous." I breathe and I don't know why I was losing it. I was making a fool out of myself for no reason. "I don't know what's w-wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you." The doctor tells me. "It's normal to be nervous. You're going to see your child for the first time and it's a new experience. It'll be worth it because it brings you closer to your unborn child, seeing them in the process of being created to a full-fledged human-being."

I found myself slightly relaxed by that, and I grab Travis' hand. He looked more nervous than me now at this point. As I look at him I saw his eyes divert onto me and he soon smiles like he's confident.

Except to see him just as nervous as me...made me feel way better.

I face forward, nodding at the doctor to do it. He rests it on my stomach now and I flinch to feel it run along my stomach like that.

Just watching the process made me feel a little nervous. Except I've been feeling that this whole time so that's nothing new for me. Out of nowhere, we began to see a small little thing on the screen.

I could clearly see a head and I found myself almost panicking. To see a baby there and to know I'm not crazy!

I never thought I was, but it's just the fact that there really is a baby. My eyes were zoned in on it only, nothing else. I didn't want to look at anything else. This sight was perfect.

Of course it was.

Biting my lip, I look at the screen.

"Travis...that's our b-baby." I murmur, grinning softly. "Aren't they cu-."