c!Awesamdude - Bedrest

Y/N - Your Name

READER PRONOUNS: SHE/HER

"Sam! I'm fine!" You whine as he carries you into your shared bedroom.

"You're not fine, you got stabbed." He grumbles, walking you over to the bed. He sets you down gently, bright green and black eyes trained carefully on the wrapped wound in your side.

You groan and wriggle around to get comfortable in the bed, but a sharp pang of pain halts your movements, and you hiss. Sam's eyebrows shoot upwards and he quickly gets to work on checking the bandages.

"You're an idiot. An idiot! You can't go around-"

"Relax!" You interrupt.

"I can't! What if this is serious? What if you die?!" He shouts in reply, eyebrows furrowing and his eyes meeting yours with a ferocity you'd never seen before.

"So what? Everyone dies!" You shoot back.

"Not you. Not on my watch. I don't- I don't know what I'd do if you died." He admits, and you see the tears in his eyes, anger dissipated and replaced with only dread and sadness.

"What do you mean?" You ask, raising yourself slowly to a sitting position.

"I care about you too much, Y/N. You have to stop being so reckless, cause I worry about you. Constantly." He reveals further, making your heart swell with affection.

"I never knew.." you whisper, and Sam chuckles.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good at keeping secrets." He says, and you place a hand on the side of his face.

You begin to rub your thumb affectionately, and Sam leans into the touch.

"I care about you too, Sam. Sorry for worrying you." You murmur. Sam smiles, and then busies himself with fixing the bandages that were in the right place to begin with, his cheeks burning.

"How's that? Pain gone?" He asks quietly, and you nod.

"All better, thanks Sam." You reply. He gives you a gentle smile, eyes flicking up briefly to yours before looking back down, blush growing deeper by the second.

"Well then, I'll, uh, I'll be going. Call me if you need anything, I'll be outside." He says, getting up to go and leave, but you grasp his wrist.

"Could you stay?" You ask timidly. Sam nods quickly, looking around for a chair to sit in. You just roll your eyes, and pull him closer.

"Lay with me?" You request, and Sam's lips part in surprise.

"Uh, I don't know how I would-"

"Just- let me scooch over." You cut in, slowly moving yourself to the side, careful not to catch your wound.

Sam awkwardly sits his ridiculously tall frame down on the bed, and lays back against the headboard. You push yourself close to the man and lay your head on his chest.

You can feel his muscles stiffen beneath your head and his breath catch in his chest.

"You alright there, Sam?" You ask, and he chuckles nervously before humming a 'yes'.

You sigh contentedly, placing your hand on his chest and tracing invisibility patterns into his shirt.

He sighs in return, and he places his own hand on your head, running his fingers through your hair. You look up at him, smiling. He smiles back and reaches his hand down to run the back of his pointer finger over your cheek. You press a gentle kiss to the finger when it nears your mouth.

You both lay there together for a long while, so long that you loose track of the minutes. But you could care less, you were close to him and that's all that mattered.

Finally, Sam forces himself to get up and he makes you some food "to keep your strength up", he said.

Of course, he slotted himself back in beneath you right after he was done.

This repeated the next few days, just until your wound was healed enough for you to walk around and care for yourself.

Sam said he was grateful, but secretly he missed caring for you and laying with you for hours on end.

And the next time you were hurt, he'd be sure to be by your bedside immediately.