c!Awesamdude - The Warden

Y/N - Your Name

(:0 surprise adding of a character??? I'm so sneaky)

READER PRONOUNS: HE/HIM

Sam was the warden of the prison. Everyone knew that. And everyone also knew not to mess with him.

Everyone except you.

"Hey, Sam!" You call out, racing up to stand before Sam.

You looked like a child next to the towering 7'4 stature of the warden.

His bright green and black eyes regard you with a slightly tired look.

"Hi Y/N." He replies stoically.

You greet him with a big smile and his eyes shine.

See, the mighty warden of the prison has a crush on you that was probably too big for it's own good.

But he'd never tell you that. Never in a million years.

"What're up to?" You ask, and he raises one eyebrow.

"Guarding the prison?" He replies and you laugh with embarrassment.

"Forgot about that." You chuckle and Sam nearly slips up and laughs along with you, but he catches it just in time.

"Why are you bothering me?" He asks and you give him a mischievous grin before speaking.

"Just wondering if you have any days off soon?"

"I don't." He answers, straightening his posture.

"Not even if you have plans?" You inquire, giving him a hopeful wink.

"Nope." He says bluntly.

"That's sad."

"That's my job."

You shrug, "still sad."

You turn on your heel and start walking away from Sam, and his heart aches a little.

He does want to go somewhere with you, he just can't.

A few days later...

Sam was walking through L'Manburg, dressed in his full warden armour and carrying his trident.

To everyone around him, he was menacing. But to you, he looked nervous.

"'Sup, creeper man?" You greet and Sam shushes you.

You have no clue why, because it's pretty obvious that Sam is a creeper hybrid.

His green hair and the green marks on his skin gave him away, as well as his unique eyes that were exactly like a creepers.

He was strange and unfamiliar to most people, but you found him handsome.

"What? It's not like people don't know!" You whisper-yell and he sighs, shoulders relaxing a bit.

"I know, it's just..." he trails off, "I haven't been around so many people in a while."

Your heart pangs with sympathy as you listen to how unsure he sounds.

"I'm here for you." You tell him and his heart skips a beat.

"Thanks, Y/N, I really appreciate it." He murmurs and you give him a hum and a smile as you walk through the streets together.

A few months pass...

Sam had grown more and more comfortable around you since your interaction in L'Manburg, now going out of his way to talk to you, and helping you out when he eventually started visiting your home.

A short knock at your door gets you to stand up and open it, and on the other side of course you see Sam.

"Hi!" He greets, bending down so he can fit through the doorway when you let him in.

"Hey." You reply and he crouched down a bit and pulls you into a hug. "Wow, this is new!" You chuckle and he pulls away, apologising profusely.

"I just thought- we're friends, right? And friends hug, so I wanted to-"

You cut him off by hugging him. He freezes up for a second but lets you trace patterns on his shoulder blades and run your fingers through his hair.

He could get used to this.

And you were more than excited to see where your relationship would go in the future.

Who knows? You could be more than friends one day...