c!Slimecicle - Spy

Y/N - Your Name

READER PRONOUNS: THEY/THEM

You sigh as you sort through the papers, cursing yourself for taking on so much work.

You run your hands through your already messed up hair and let out a big sigh.

"You alright there, friend?" Says an unfamiliar voice from the left of you.

Your head whips to the side quickly, and you're greeted with the sight of a man with dripping green skin and a pair of glasses stuck on to the skin around his eyes. He's dressed remarkably well, but the clothes look like they're sticking to him.

"Who the fuck are you?!" You snap, raising your dagger to his throat.

"Woah, woah! No need to get all angry! I'm just a goopy guy!" He exclaims, raising his slimy green hands in surrender.

"What- what are you?" You ask, fully registering his unusual appearance.

"I'm a slime, Y/N from Pogtopia!" He explains and you freeze.

You press the dagger closer to his throat and glare into his dark eyes. "How did you know about Pogtopia?" You ask lowly, "who are you?!"

"My name's Charlie... please don't use that on me." He squeaks, reaching out and pushing the blade away from him.

You drop your arm, still glaring distrustfully at the slime hybrid.

"Ok, Charlie... why're you in my house?" You ask and he shrugs.

"Quackity from Las Nevadas told me to come!" He exclaims with a wide smile. Your eyebrows furrow and his smile drops.

"Why would..." you trail off, stepping away from Charlie to pace.

"Why are you walking back and forth?" Charlie inquires, tilting his head as you head back in his direction.

You pause, turn on your heel and walk back the other way.

"It helps me think." You reply finally. Charlie falls quiet for a second before doing a little jog to catch up to you. He paces alongside you, carefully mimicking your steps.

A few minutes later...

"So he's using you as a spy?" You ask softly. Charlie's head perks up at your words and makes a face.

"Well... yeah, I guess. I can fit into small spaces and I can be real quiet." He explains and you frown yet again.

"He's using you." You deadpan, looking into Charlie's eyes. He gives an innocent look and shakes his head.

"No, no! Quackity from Las Nevadas is my friend! He said so." Charlie says, and you laugh in disbelief.

"I'm so sorry, Charlie. You're so naive. But you can't trust everyone." You tell him.

Now, it's his turn to frown.

"How do you know that?" He inquires softly. Your heart aches for the creature before you.

"Because I was once naive too." You answer solemnly. Charlie's eyes flick up to meet yours and you blink back tears.

Charlie's eyes fall and you reach out to place your hand on his shoulder.

"I can help you, Charlie."  You tell him earnestly, and you can see a ghost of a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Y/N from Pogtopia."