c!Tubbo - Favourite person

Y/N - Your Name

(Creeper hybrids give me life (Sam, my beloved)
Also this is technically part two to New friends, but it's more of a continuation of the New friends storyline)

READER PRONOUNS: THEY/THEM

Tubbo wanders through the forest much like he did months before when he first met Y/N, except this time Y/N's next to him.

A rustling from above alerts the pair, and they glance up just in time to see a familiar figure jumping from the branches of the trees.

The figure lands, and observes Tubbo and his friend.

"Found another friend, Tubbo?" Dream sneers, his floating circular head tilting. 

Y/N looks disturbed, but Tubbo simply raises his sword.

"Fuck off, Dream." Tubbo mutters, glaring daggers into the being.

Y/N senses Tubbo's dislike and aggression towards the smiling being, and also raises their sword.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Dream says, looking at Y/N with his unblinking, cold eyes. His wide grin never faltered, almost as if it was painted on to his face.

"Don't be cocky, it'll get you killed." Y/N tells Dream, and Dream falls quiet, thinking.

Tubbo takes the opportunity and rushes forward, successfully slicing across Dream's unguarded ribs. Dream hisses in pain as dark green blood rushes out of the wound.

"And I was going to go easy on you." Dream mutters disappointedly, reaching to his back and taking out the gleaming purple axe he calls Nightmare, brandishing it with a gleeful laugh.

Tubbo stumbles back, scared, but Y/N sticks their ground, carefully watching Dreams every move.

"You're brave, I'll give you that. Even Tubbo's backed off," Dream simpers, "they do say there's a thin line between bravery and stupidity."

Dream runs forward, axe raised, ready to kill Y/N. Tubbo yells out, but Y/N unexpectedly dodges Dreams downswing.

Dream stumbles forward from the wasted force, and while he's bent over, Y/N turns and kicks Dream over.

"Asshole!" Dream yells, jumping back up to his feet, dust all over his clothes and skin.

Y/N's black eyes stay trained on Dream, looking slightly bored. "I've fought tougher mice." They tease, making Dream even angrier.

Dream's rage overtakes him, and his smile morphs, splitting his face into a sharp-toothed leer.

"Oh fuck!" Tubbo cries out, then grabs Y/N's hand, yanking them away and starting to run.

Y/N stumbles as the shorter runs too fast for their tall stature, making it hard to keep themselves upright.

Once the two are back to safety by Tubbo's family's well-hidden home, they finally get a chance to breathe. Tubbo meets Y/N's inky eyes.

"You're a badass." Tubbo mutters, making Y/N laugh.

"You're pretty badass too, little goat. You actually got a slice in there!" Y/N replies, and Tubbo flushes at the compliment.

"Thanks." Tubbo says back quietly.

Y/N pulls Tubbo into a hug. But they're too tall for Tubbo to push his head into the crook of their neck. Thinking quickly, Tubbo jumps up and with Y/N's quick reflexes, gets caught so he's held in their arms.

Tubbo wraps his arms around Y/N's neck, and they smile, using one arm to hold Tubbo and the other to run their fingers through his hair.

"I think you're my favourite person in the world." Tubbo whispers to Y/N and their heart warms.

Tubbo wraps his legs around Y/N's torso so they can properly hug him. They do so, and Tubbo hums happily.

"You're my favourite person too." Y/N admits to Tubbo.

Y/N carries Tubbo into the house, and lays him on to the sofa, then moves to leave. Tubbo reaches out and grabs their hand.

"Don't go." He says tiredly, and who is Y/N to deny him?

They lay down behind Tubbo on the sofa, curling into him as the big spoon.

They both fall asleep together, happy as they can be with the looming threat of Dream.

Y/N and Tubbo would fight tooth and nail for each other.

No matter what.