[REQUEST] Wilbur Soot - Comfort

Y/N - Your Name

(Thank you to HEAVENG0TH for requesting this! I hope I did ok
I'm sorry if this is at all offensive to trans people, I tried my best

This chapters kinda short sorry)

READER PRONOUNS: HE/HIM

Wilbur had come home tired, and just wanted to spend the afternoon with his beloved boyfriend.

"Hey Y/N." He greets softly, wrapping his arms around your waist and placing his chin on the top of your head.

"Hi, Wil." You reply, placing your hand over his hand, running the pad of your thumb over his knuckles.

"How're you feeling today?" He asks and you shrug.

"Good." You answer, giving him a tight-lipped smile.

"You sure?" He pries and your jaw sets.

"Well, I've been feeling a bit.. y'know, today." You mumble, avoiding eye contact with Wilbur.

The click of his tongue tells you that he knows what "y'know" meant. He'd been there with you through your transition and knew how bad your gender dysphoria could get.

His hands find a new position on either side of your face and he presses a kiss to your forehead.

"Come on, let's sit down. I'm shattered." He says and you follow him into the living room.

In the front room...

You and Wilbur are sitting on the sofa, one of his hands placed on your thigh and your head leant against his shoulder.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asks and you give a small shrug.

"It's hard sometimes." You answer softly, letting out a sad sigh afterwards that prompts Wilbur you wrap his arms around you and lay down, pulling you along to lay by his side.

"I know, and I know how bad the shit you go through gets. I'm proud of you. You're the strongest man I know." He tells you genuinely and your heart goes all warm and fuzzy.

"Thanks Will." You murmur, pressing your face into the crook of his neck, curled against him.

He runs his fingers through your hair, calming you down instantly.

He grabs the remote and turns on the TV, flicking through the channels until he lands on one.

With the sound of the TV in the background, and Wilburs fingers' methodical movements through your hair, you find yourself getting drowsy. And although you fight it, you drift off to sleep in a matter of minutes.

Later...

You wake up in bed with Wilbur laid next to you. He must've carried you to your bedroom after you fell asleep.

You let out a sigh through your nose and shift over to hug Wilbur. He stirs a little but doesn't wake up, and you let out a sigh of relief.

You appreciated all Wilbur did for you. He was so supportive from the get-go, and always helped you through dysphoria and your rough patches. He cared for you and took interest in your interests.

You really couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.

There was no doubt in your mind that Wilbur loved you unconditionally, and you loved him just the same.