c!Wilbur Soot - Boom

Y/N - Your Name

(Insane Wilbur pog
This isn't going to be accurate to the time Wilbur blew up L'Manburg but it'll be pretty close lol)

READER PRONOUNS: SHE/HER

You can hear the muttering from behind the wall as you trudge up to the room where you'd seen Wilbur go into.

You notice the wall had been bricked up hastily, so you reach into your belt and knock it down with your pickaxe.

When you finally knock it completely down, you're met with a sad sight.

Wilbur was standing in the middle of the room, long coat tattered and dusty, his hair messy and his eyes wild. Under said eyes were deep eye bags and his skin was paler than usual.

He looked insane.

Closer to you, you could see Phil, kitted out in his usual brown cloak and green and white striped bucket hat.  

But what caught your eye the most was the walls.

Covered in the national anthem of L'Manburg. Messy, wild scrawling decorating every inch of the four walls.

And a button.

"Wil?" You murmur, and both men turn to look at you, obviously previously too caught up in their conversation to notice you knocking down the wall.

"Y/N..." Wilbur mutters, eyes softening as he regards you.

"What's happening?" You ask, and Phil sighs heavily.

"Tell her, Wil. Tell her what you're going to do." Phil snaps, and you tense. You'd never seen Phil so angry.

"I- I can't have L'Manburg falling into the wrong hands. L'Manburg is mine. My unfinished symphony. If it doesn't belong to me, then it doesn't belong to anyone!" Wilbur rants, the insanity bubbling up to the surface yet again.

It took you a second to process what Wilbur was telling you.

"Wil... you're going to destroy L'Manburg?" You question quietly, and Phil gives you a heavy, single nod.

"You can't! It's our home! It's what you worked so hard for!" You reason, but Wilbur just breaks out into a wide smile, shaking his head.

"It's not our home anymore, Y/N! They took it from us." He says, "I can take it from them." Wilbur points to the button, and you gulp.

"Blowing up L'Manburg isn't the right thing to do." You warn, but Wilbur frowns, seemingly confused why you weren't agreeing.

"Y/N, you can't stop me." He says coldly. He then turns to Phil. "Neither can you, dad."

"Wil, come on. You have to see sense!" Phil pleads, but Wilbur shakes his head.

"I'm done listening to you, both of you." He snarls, venom dripping out from his words.

"You'll see, not just you. Everyone. You'll see that..."

Before either Phil or you can react, Wilbur turns around and slams his fist into the button.

"It was never meant to be."

All around you, thunderous booms echo across your home. And the walls of the small room cave in, crumbling around you three.

The ceiling starts to fall in, and Phil jumps over to shield you, wrapping his broken wings around your form.

Once the dust clears, Phil moves away from you.